Best big bore toilet

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yjislander

The Kentuckian
Reaction score
So I'm in the market for a big hoss cat toilet. I have seen some before that can supposedly have a bucket of golf balls flushed down them with no problems at all. Throw me some brands out to look for, and what to stay away from. Thanks ahead of time fellers.:D

I'm highly fond of Kohler toilets, but I've put in a couple toto's and have had much success. I found this on youtube and thought I would share it. I hope you enjoy.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OWMcFuI1gg]YouTube - Toto Ultramax Toilet[/ame]

The size of the discharge hole runs between 1-1/2 to 2-3/8". You can spends lots of money on Power Assisted toilets and other fancy gadgets. I have installed lots of American Standard Cadet toilets that sell for about $100 and have had no complaints. My feeling is "If you think you need a toilet that will flush 16 golf balls, you may need a doctor more than a Plumber".

My feeling is "If you think you need a toilet that will flush 16 golf balls, you may need a doctor more than a Plumber".

:eek:

Ahh, but the kids using half a roll of paper just cause only God know why. The bigger traps and traps that are glazed inside do handle large loads better.

Every once in a while I replace old 5gal flush toilets. They are the ones with a galvanized elbow exposed between the tank and bowl.

I sell them to a guy that refurb's them and sells them in one of those used building materials stores here in town. He tells me that they have a waiting list of people that want them.

I think you could flush a full grown cat down one of those things!

Back