Toilet overflow protection

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VPALLARI

Reaction score
New (older) house. Upstairs bathroom. Avoided DISASTER by pure chance. My little girl used the jon, flushed and clogged....however, coincidentally, the toilet handle must have stuck (first time Ive seen this happen). because not only the toilet overflow, but it didnt stop running. By straight luck, i walked into the bathroom 1 or 2 mins after the flood started. Had I not happend to walk in.....i dont even want to think about the damage.

My question is this, is there a relatively inexpensive way to prevent this from happening? Ive seen things like Penguin toilets with an overflow drain like a sink (genius), but I cant really get into replacing the toilets at this point. So...any ideas??

Not the first time I have seen this happen, half of a house flooded because an old worn out flapper stuck open and over ran the drainfield's absorption ability. Get the toilet tank rebuilt completely, including the flush handle. A relatively small dollar amount now, can save you a lot of money later.

Latest posts

Back