PH neutralizer Installation

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WellNeub

Reaction score
Hi.

Well Noob here looking to install a PH neutralizer. Ive done plumbing before and just recently installed a sediment filter. Research I did online in regards to the proper neutralizer and the installation seems pretty simple and we got quite a quote from a local plumber to have the system installed. I just want to be sure I'm not missing a fundamental step.

Can someone point me to a good DIY pic or video page and possibly special tool recommendations.

Thanks.

It's a softener tank with Calcite inside using either an in/out head installed backwards or a softener type valve that backwashes only. Cold water goes in and back out. The in/out head being installed backwards makes the water up flow to keep the calcite from compacting. The softener type head does a backwash frequently to fluff the calcite. No special tools required.

Last edited:
That's a pretty good price. I wouldn't try to compete with it. Whether they are a good place to buy, I can't say.

Have you had your hardness, iron and manganese tested? The water I have in my area that has a low PH is surface water which comes from 20' down or less, has no hardness, but smells bad and generally has lots of iron. It's the kind of water you use on the grass and nothing else. I wouldn't even bathe in it.

That's a pretty good price. I wouldn't try to compete with it. Whether they are a good place to buy, I can't say.

Have you had your hardness, iron and manganese tested? The water I have in my area that has a low PH is surface water which comes from 20' down or less, has no hardness, but smells bad and generally has lots of iron. It's the kind of water you use on the grass and nothing else. I wouldn't even bathe in it.

Hardness, iron and manganese - no. I'll pick up a water test kit at Home Depot or lowes.

The water has no smell, the well is about 300ft deep.

I'm thinking I ought to retest it myself.

Good idea. Here in Florida grocery stores carry swimming pool test kits that test for chlorine and PH. They are pretty accurate. I don't have much faith in test strips, but the kits that use chemicals are generally pretty accurate.

Back