Copper lines through slab under dishwasher

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bthawkins

Reaction score
I am remodeling my kitchen after recent water damage and have purchased a new dishwasher to replace the damaged one. When I pulled out the existing dishwasher, I discovered the copper supply lines for the sink come through the slab under the dishwasher almost 10 inches off the back wall. The horizontal run of the pipes is 2" above the slab. I have no idea why the house was built this way. My 10 year old dishwasher cleared the pipes, but my new one and a few other new ones I've looked at have so many components mounted underneath that they won't clear the copper pipes even with the dishwasher raised as high as possible. What can I do?
Tear up the slab to move the pipes 10"? I just had new cabinets installed, but could pull out the sink base unit relatively easily.
Start crawling under dishwashers at Lowes to try and find one that 'might' fit?

IMG_0366.JPG

I would cut the copper lines down as low as possible to the slab and tie them back to the existing lines behind/inside the cabinet if you don't want to chip up concrete

Sent from my iPad using Plumbing Forum

I would cut the copper lines down as low as possible to the slab and tie them back to the existing lines behind/inside the cabinet if you don't want to chip up concrete

Or just cut Sheetrock and offset inside the wall as low as possible and come back out of the wall inside the cabinet maybe????

Aaaaaahhhhh! Never mind I see it now, the picture is small on my iPad. Yea looks to me like your going to have to bust concrete

Yea looks to me like your going to have to bust concrete

Yes, I haven't come up with any other solution. I pulled out all the dishwashers at HD and one other store that weren't fastened into the displays but didn't find a workable one. The manufacturers really use all of the available dishwasher footprint now; the same brand as my old one wasn't even close to fitting. I'm going to make the permanent fix and pull the sink cabinet, cut 18" out of the slab, and move the lines.

Back