Kitchen sink plumbing

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smb

Reaction score
I just recently installed a new sink that is deeper than the old one. I am concerned if the drain on the garbage disposal is high enough above the drain exiting into the wall. The bottom of the drain on the disposal is 14.5 inches from the bottom of the cabinet and the top of the drain exiting into wall is 14 inches from the bottom of the cabinet. Any input would be appreciated.

your in deep doo doo

you sre going to need more than 1.5 '' for your disposal hook up'

you could split off with a wye,,save the extra space needed by a continous waste tee,,,but you still have to turn the disposal drain down into the trap.

3 choices, lower the tee in the wall

or... buy a different disposal

or, buy a 3 compartment sink with a veggie hole

$_59.jpg

Try using a Street sanitary tee.

The picture with brown wood background is the most preferred way of connecting a disposal with a 2 compartment sink by having the disposal Ell dump vertically into top of santee.

By using a street santee the branch of the tee is same elevation as the outlet of the p-trap.
Using a straight flanged tail piece out of disposal into branch of santee.
That gives you 1/2" for drain fall to wall.

There is a problem with that! When you use the disposal sometimes you will get some back wash up into the other sink.

DSC01612 (800x600).jpg

016a.jpg

019.jpg

Last edited:
It is a double bowl sink. How much higher must the disposal drain be above the exit drain.

Is it possible that something like this might work? The t has a baffle in it.

1430075638717.jpg

you are making to easy for me!....:D yes,,,,it needs to be above the outlet.

stuff runs down hill. inless you pump it up hill

I know that it has to be higher. I just don't know how much higher.

I had read somewhere that I should not use the clean out as the drain. Is that true or does it not matter?

in your case, i would just go ahead and do it.

really not a difference. if you want to get technical.

remove the female [threads] adaptor and install pipe instead

then, the upper drain. install a co adaptor.

see my bad drawing,,,shows the pipe configuration

1430075638717.jpg

Latest posts

Back