Wanting lots of volume

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shawgf

Reaction score
I am about to embark on renovating my master bath shower. the plan is to have one rain shower head and one hand held sprayer. I truly love my hot showers, want to ensure that I have plenty of water flow and pressure for both these heads when they are on. My home has a tank-less water heater, and the water pressure is 42 psi. If you could let me know what/how or hardware I should use so I can have my mini car wash, that would be great. I am able run dedicated lines. Thanks

Larger the supply line the more volume you will get but tapping off a 1/2" line and increasing will not do much good. You would have to come off a line larger then the line you are installing for that to work properly. Maybe some others can chime in with more info on this.

Today's shower heads are only capable of producing 2.5 gallons per min. A 1/2 copper line should have no problem supplying two heads. If you remove the flow restricter in the heads it could become a problem.

John

As Chris has stated, tapping a larger line into existing 1/2" is pointless. You will need to run 3/4" or 1" all the way in order to see any increase in water volume to the shower heads.

In doing some research at different valves it looks like they vary greatly in there water flow (GPM) from 2.5 all the way up to 9 plus.

Latest posts

Back