Plumbing Forum - Professional & DIY Plumbing Forum > General Plumbing Discussion > General Plumbing Help > New Kitchen Faucet Low Pressure

Old 08-26-2014, 01:03 AM   #1
Philadelphia1

Default New Kitchen Faucet Low Pressure

Hello,

I was hoping you kind professionals could help me with a recent problem concerning my new kitchen faucet. Its a Moen Torrance ca87480.

http://www.moen.com/torrance/chrome-one-handle-low-arc-kitchen-faucet/_/R-CONSUMER%3ACA87480

So here's the problem, my new faucet doesnt have NEARLY the pressure my old faucet had, which is a Moen that dates back 16yrs. I was wondering, being that the old faucet had thin copper supply lines and the new one has thicker braided lines if that is whats causing the difference in pressure?

It is driving me nuts, i absolutely hate this new faucet due to the pressure issue. What can i do to get increased pressure? The new faucet is rated with a 1.5 gal max flow rate....is that why my pressure is so low? Any hacks or suggestions? I appreciate any help!

Please see attached pics...

-Low Pressure here is Philly

File Type: jpg 11.jpg (75.8 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg 22.jpg (50.0 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg 33.jpg (68.8 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg 44.jpg (59.7 KB, 12 views)

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-26-2014, 03:24 AM   #2
Matt30

Liked 98 Times on 82 Posts
Likes Given: 11

All new faucets have a series of flow restrictors to comply with some states standards.

Even though I'm in Canada and we don't have that code, I have learned that removal of these flow restrictors will void warranty of the hose and head of the pull out faucet.

The flow restrictors in that faucet are in the aerator screen, and can be easily removed by threading out the aerator. Your faucet may not spray as nicely, but you should find an increase in pressure.

Last edited by Matt30; 08-26-2014 at 03:26 AM.
phishfood Likes This 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply