Funny Plumbing Stories

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a friend who's like that. I fire. Better that than resenting someone for the next decade.

I was answering a sewer back up one evening and there was a thirty foot diameter circle of toilet paper and what I call female products from the sewer overflowing for quite sometime and 4 pretty girls came out of the house. One of the young ladies said how can you stand that smell and how can you even stand to do this job and they all said ew! I told them all I smell is money. I thought to myself how can they stand this mess for probably a month?

So yesterday we were installing a six inch ductile iron pipe line and I was restraining every joint. Maybe some of you have installed restrainers but for those who haven't they are a clamp that clamps to the pipe then you put allthread through them to the next to hold the joint together. Anyways on the clamps they have nuts that will break off when you get to the correct torque. So I just hired a new guy and my foreman was having him tighten these and told him to be very careful not to snap them off since they are delicate so he is going and going and finally SNAP! and my foreman starts screaming and flipping out so I walk up and proceed to ring him a new one on how much he just cost me and what not and about the time he about to throw in the towel we let him know they are supposed to do that. Good times.

We've all been the new guy. That'll learn 'em.

So yesterday we were installing a six inch ductile iron pipe line and I was restraining every joint. Maybe some of you have installed restrainers but for those who haven't they are a clamp that clamps to the pipe then you put allthread through them to the next to hold the joint together. Anyways on the clamps they have nuts that will break off when you get to the correct torque. So I just hired a new guy and my foreman was having him tighten these and told him to be very careful not to snap them off since they are delicate so he is going and going and finally SNAP! and my foreman starts screaming and flipping out so I walk up and proceed to ring him a new one on how much he just cost me and what not and about the time he about to throw in the towel we let him know they are supposed to do that. Good times.

You do have a mean streak. Shame on you.:rolleyes:
Now we know why your trash cans get kick around:D

I's got a nutter one.
Sewer water flowing out of shower drains and spilling over onto floor in 2 apartment units.
I started looking for a cleanout because I sure did not want to have to pull a toilet in that mess.

I noticed a guy across the street running a sewer machine so I went to go see what was up.

Said he's been running cable in several clean outs for that last 4 hrs or more.:eek:

So I walked down the street and popped a man hole.
Went back and told the other guy that he's gonna need another couple hundred feet of cable if he wanted to reach that stoppage from his current location.

I called the City Sewr Dept. That was probably the worst root impacted man hole I've ever seen.

This manhole was below the flood rim of the showers but the one upstream was higher.:eek:

Ah...good old 'pick on the new guy'.... :D

I like the article. I back it all the way it a woman's right of passage. I guess in India it's not about the diamond ring but more about what kind of toilet you can buy a girl.

well this thread kept me busy for a while :) some entertaining stories to say the least here lol

Back