Double vanity rough-in question.

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
no, it must be accessiblle.

options..

spring fit access pannel.

or, you could install 2 AAV's on the trap arms of each lav. they must be on the portion downstream of the p-trap ( the trap arm ) and not the part upstream ( the Fixture outlet pipe ) this way they could be accessiblle under the vanitys as they would be outside the wall.

OR.....

you could install 2 90's on the top of the Double t-wye. one that brings the pipe into the space under the vanitys, and another to bring it back to a vertical.. then install 1 aav on that portion of pipe. ( space permitting )

Or, according to a master plumber that I asked, I could just use one AAV under one of the sinks that would serve both sinks.

true... It would still supply air downstream of both vents so the second one would be redundant.

I stand corrected.

However you would need to check the wet vent table to confirm as the trap arm of one of the fixtures would now be considered a wet vent and if that same wet vent also serves the toilet ( as in a typical bathroom group ) the trap arm of the lav with the AAV on it would now have to be a minimum of 2".

..... and theres even MORE bs associated with this mess... why not just make a accessibble vent with the sindgle AAV? you already have a symetrical fitting to connect the lavs..... right?

think about it. ;)

..... and theres even MORE bs associated with this mess...

Not familiar with meaning of 'bs' in above reply, please explain.

Bull ****e...... and what I mean by MORE is that you must use a symetrical fitting to use a trap arm of one lav as a wet vent and thus must make BOTH trap arms 2" because the Vent must terminate at an equal level to the second branch it serves ( A horizontal vent must terminate at or above the horizontal centerline of the branch it serves ) meaning that if you ran one trap arm at 1 1/2 and another a 2" symetrical it would violate this code clause... the inspector would have to be a real ass to call you on it. and that you MUST use a symetrical fitting and can not, by code Stack single branch t-wyes one over the other.

You were Absolutely right in the earlier post though... you cvould use a single AAV.

Bull ****e...... and what I mean by MORE is that you must use a symetrical fitting to use a trap arm of one lav as a wet vent and thus must make BOTH trap arms 2" because the Vent must terminate at an equal level to the second branch it serves ( A horizontal vent must terminate at or above the horizontal centerline of the branch it serves ) meaning that if you ran one trap arm at 1 1/2 and another a 2" symetrical it would violate this code clause... the inspector would have to be a real ass to call you on it. and that you MUST use a symetrical fitting and can not, by code Stack single branch t-wyes one over the other.

You were Absolutely right in the earlier post though... you cvould use a single AAV.

Did you jump in at the first posting, the one with the photo, if you had maybe your attempt to be helpful would of been helpful. With the utilization of an AAV there is no wet vent involved. Additionally the AAV will only vent the double vanity. The tub and toilet has it's own vent. Granted this was never disclosed but also never asked from you or anyone else. You just assumed that the AAV would be used for the bath group.

Funny how asking for help develops into a pissing match.

I'm not arguing with you, so dont come off like an ass to me.

IF you use a single aav on one of the branches but it serves BOTH lavs ( as you said it could and were right ) it then does indeed become a wet vent as the lav that contains the aav is accepting liquid from that lav and acting as a vent for the second.... A wet vent.

in the original post the poster said that they would plan on wet venting about 5 feet away SO i assume he is using a standard bathroom group configuration which utilizes the lav as a wet vent.

YOU assume that the W.c. and the tub have their own vent.... do you know that they do ?

your attack at me here is fairly moot as it has no substance and fails to properly comprehend what a wet vent is, the only way this configurAtion utilizing a AAV is not using a wet vent is if the origginal poster were to install a proper doubly sani t ( t wye ) and take the AAv off of the top.

thanks for the discussion, and theres really no need to be hostile but what did you actually acomplish with your posts? were YOU helpfull at all ?

sorry but now I'm attacking you.

I can piss WAAAAAY farther than you... I will be the first one to admit my mistakes as i did, this is how we learn... perhaps you need to learn to be more humble and think things through before starting a pissing match with those that have been known on a forum to offer sound advice.

have a lovely day.
:)

burchis, you came here asking for help with a plumbing installation. You were proposing to do something incorrectly, and several of us chimed in with an explanation of what you could do differently. No one was nasty to you, no one gave you bad advice.

I don't know about others, but I have a set of blueprints that I could be going through, I have a drum that I could be playing, a princess that I could play Trouble with, a dog I could be petting. Instead, I choose to spend some of my time here to try to be of help when someone has a question. I really like to help people when I can. But a bad attitude from those whom I am trying to help will drive me and others away very quickly.

burchis, you came here asking for help with a plumbing installation. You were proposing to do something incorrectly, and several of us chimed in with an explanation of what you could do differently. No one was nasty to you, no one gave you bad advice.

I don't know about others, but I have a set of blueprints that I could be going through, I have a drum that I could be playing, a princess that I could play Trouble with, a dog I could be petting. Instead, I choose to spend some of my time here to try to be of help when someone has a question. I really like to help people when I can. But a bad attitude from those whom I am trying to help will drive me and others away very quickly.
I go along with that.

John

^ amen to this.

I have A traction kite, wind blowing. a Downhill bike, and some piano and guitar... think Ill go have some fun.

Damn you experts and your lives!

I shouldn't complain. I straightened up the garage, rode my Harley, and just got done floating in the pool while listening to some good IPod music, which was nice considering it is 98 degrees here!

I'm out of here

sBo_grab.gif

nice... I am envious of your harley havasu... I ended up flying my traction kite and being pulled in a 0 dollar infatablle on a lake, epic fun.

Glad to see some good has come out of this guys annoyng questions and banter, I know you few a little better now. :)

...feck we're good people us plumbers

Latest posts

Back