jet pump and water tank

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dolfans

Reaction score
Earlier in the yr i had to replace the jet pump and yrs ago i had to replace the water tank. When the pump was replaced (lowes hardware) it was quite when running. Now it is louder why? Can the water tank bag busted? Anything i can do to find out if it is busted? thanks

If you bought it at Lowes it's probably on it's way out. If your lucky, the motor will have ball bearings not bushings and they can be replaced. The bearings are about the only thing on a motor that can make noise. The only pumps that are noisy are the plastic ones and they are noisy out of the box.

If you bought the bladder tank at a big box store and it's over 1.5 years old, it's probably bad. If you want to learn more than you ever wanted to know about bladder tanks, go here.

The big box stores sell junk.

Same brand and model...not made the same.

I did not believe that....I thought if it looked the same and was the same brand and model it would be fine.

Then our salesman took me to Home Depot.

He had me pick a jet pump, a submersible and a tank.

Then we went back to my house and took them apart.

UNBELIVABLE!!!

Now, you can take from that what you will.

Buy from a dealer that sales to pros.

Speedbump is one of the better.

The water tank was bought at a plumbing store and the jet pump was from lowes. The tank is maybe 7 yrs old if that. The pump less than a yr. The old pump went out and was running and hot. The plumber went to get the pump and got it at lowes,on the phone day before said lowes stuff was not good. About a week later had no water pressure(hardly) when using 2 water items(washing maching and sink etc). He (plumber) said the bladder maybe busted. He drained the tank when hooked up the pump and if remember right had some brown water come out. The pump was very quite for awhile and now can hear it come on. Thanks

Latest posts

Back