Refrigerator line popped off after installation

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrBlazito

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Got a little situation here. I had to replace the water line to the fridge and purchased a kit that comes with compression nuts and a 25ft line at home depot. About 2 hours after I replaced the line the end that connects to the filter under the sink popped off. The tube itself came out of the compression nut, basically. It seemed to be pretty tight on the valve when it was installed. Any ideas?

It is a plastic line, and yes it came with a brass ferrule, which I used.

Well, the kit came with brass ferrules. I think the problem is that the line backs out a little when I connect compression nut to the filter valve. This time I held the line in place while tightening the compression nut.

If it fails, I'll just go and purchase a stainless steel line. My question is, what would be best to use to secure the line under the side of the counters?

It should have came with a brass insert that goes into the end of the plastic pipe as a stiffner. Without it the pipe will continue to pull out of the comp nut

It should have came with a brass insert that goes into the end of the plastic pipe as a stiffner. Without it the pipe will continue to pull out of the comp nut

Yup, the kit came with a brass insert which I did insert into the line. I just think the line backed out a little while I was tightening the compression nut and wasn't secured. Second time around I held the line in place to make sure it didn't back out as I tightened the compression nut.

It's been 6 hours and it has not popped off again.

Thanks all.

Back