Bathtub 100% clogged overnight

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jsmalls

Reaction score
So out of nowhere my bathtub is clogged shut. i pulled the stopper out and clogged the hold with a wet towel and plunged away to no avail. Tried to snake it and it seems to get stuck on something solid and never go into the u shape part of the pipe. I don't know what could be down there because my stopper assembly came out completely as it should have. I know it's not clogged with hair or anything. And this is not a slow drain, it's completely stopped up. I have no clue what to do other than go under my house and cut the pipe open to see what's causing the clog. Any ideas what else I cou try or what may be causing this?? Thanks...

make sure no other drains are effected. It takes some grit to get a hand snake to pop around the weir in the p-trap sometimes. I use a 1/4" Erickson hand snake and with yrs of experience the right little bend on the end. I cut off that little swivel head the comes with. you should be able to clear it with a hand snakeunless you hare missing the crossbars in the drain and a bottle cap found it's way into the drain. What are your drains made of. Plastic/Iron/DWV brass /copper?

I tried with all my might to push a drain auger into it but it still kept getting stuck on something solid it feels after about 24 inches. It's a copper pipe I believe but the p trap is pvc when I peeked through my crawl space. No other drains are backed up either :mad:

Last edited:
Apparently it is now unclogged somehow overnight. I think my p trap froze...

Latest posts

Back