Need serious guidance!

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scguy

Reaction score
]This is how my closet flange was installed, I have the same company comingout tomorrow. Am i asking for to much being that I want it redone correctly so Ican tile my floor, is tthis even code?! It looks redone, I'mgguessing it was worked after the inspector looked at it?

Top view, looks likeit was reworked after it was inspected?

1432066453418.jpg

jesus christ really this is the type of crap people do and call them selves plumbers. looks like someones first day in life put that together i would plaster the name of the person and company all over the web so everyone can see what they will get if they go with this company

What would be the best thing to say when they come back today?

The inspector saw the ground rough & top out . The flange more than likely was installed during the trim out and the inspector did not see it. Have the plumber install a new flange with the bottom of the flange (the portion that sets on the finish floor) setting alittle over 1/4'' above the highest point of the sub-floor. After thin-setting sub-floor tile should slide snug under flange.

That doesn't look like a new install. if the pipe below is crooked the flange is going to be the same.
If you want to straighten it out you're going to have to go deep to straighten out the pipe.

set the toilet with out the wax if it doesn't touch the flange it should be just fine. Wax seal doesn't care if the flange is a little off, as long as the one side is not to high and the underside of the bowl does not rest on it.
Shim the bottom so there is no wobble. lift it. install a wax ring and bolt it down.

P.S. file off the burs and the pieces of knock out cap left behind

Last edited:
That doesn't look like a new install. if the pipe below is crooked the flange is going to be the same.
If you want to straighten it out you're going to have to go deep to straighten out the pipe.

set the toilet with out the wax if it doesn't touch the flange it should be just fine. Wax seal doesn't care if the flange is a little off, as long as the one side is not to high and the underside of the bowl does not rest on it.
Shim the bottom so there is no wobble. lift it. install a wax ring and bolt it down.

P.S. file off the burs and the pieces of knock out cap left behind

i am remembering why i loath service work

Yeah! More often than naught you have to work with the crap hand you're dealt when others have mucked it before you.

that also,,what i meant is the customers,

yes the flange is crooked,,

is it right ? no

should it be level ? yes

will it work,? Yes

my opinion on the plumber who did it

run and gun plumber,,not paying attention to details.
a slap it in,,plumber

or most likely,,his helper

how i would deal with that...confront the plumber

hey bro,,,see that ****? would you want that crooked ass **** in your house?

I want it fixed, if you need to call the job superintendent, do it

but,,,do not set that terlet till that flange is level

Latest posts

Back