Plumbing Forum - Professional & DIY Plumbing Forum > General Plumbing Discussion > Water Heaters and Softeners > Switching to gas WH, attaching vent pipe question?

Help Support Plumbing Forums by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.

Old 12-16-2017, 01:48 AM   #1
twinsig

Default Switching to gas WH, attaching vent pipe question?

Hello, first post here.
To the point. While my gas tech guy is gone hunting (no cell) I'm trying to complete the install in my house. I have the data & correct material to install everything!
Question is,,,, while my vent pipe is totally vertical through the ceiling & roof,,,,, how is it I move the WH into place if the vent pipe is installed (can't move it up or down)?
Top of vent cap is 61.5" AFF (from spec sheet) and I'm guessing my vent pipe needs to be the same?
How does this work, I slide the WH in place and momentarily squash the vent cap?
Thanks, and if you have electrical questions I can probably help you on that.

Old 12-16-2017, 04:58 AM   #2
Mr_David
Easily Amused

Liked 871 Times on 706 Posts
Likes Given: 577

??????????. Vent cap goes on top of the vent.
You might be referring to the draft hood.
Pictures.

who installed the vent? permanent part of vent going through roof should have adequate space above the heater to connect it with additional connectors after the heater is in place.

Maybe you should wait for your guy to bag his dinner.

a.k.a. Krazedav