Tiny House Plumbing Questions / Recommendations

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

matlockfun

Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

Thank you for all the helpful posts and replies.. you all have been a huge help to us already!

We have a tiny house I'm about to plumb with a hand sink, shower, washing machine and kitchen sink.. all within a 10' run along one wall.

I do NOT have the ability to vent through the roof so any vent would exit through the wall, about 6' 6" high. CODE is not an issue, we're outside of city limits, HOWEVER I want a reliable, clean and odor free drain system :D

The question I'm running into is whether to vent each drain (least preferable), use one main vent (less preferable) or AAVs at each P-trap, etc.

Here is an image of what it looks like - looking THROUGH the exterior wall at the back of the appliances (using the example of a single vent stack)
plumbing.jpg

In this image, I'm showing what (To me) would work with one central vent vertically inline with the lowest part of the drain (the exit to septic), the hand sink (to the left) and washing machine / sink drains (to the right) all tie into that main vent stack.

Honestly, I would prefer to put AAVs at each P trap and call it a day... eliminating any need to punch an external wall hole.

How should I proceed...?

plumbing_preview.jpeg

Last edited:
Actually, I wrote septic but this will drain into a drain field,. so right now I'm just focusing on the vents needed to maintain the P-trap functionality inside.

Thoughts?

Im confused....where are your solids going to go with no septic tank? You cant just dump waste into the ground

Im confused....where are your solids going to go with no septic tank? You cant just dump waste into the ground

I understand the confusion, sorry for the lack of clarification. As you can see from the diagram, I am only disposing of gray water (with biodegradable cleaners) into the drain field. There is no solid waste in the system since the toilet is a composting unit.

I hope that helps.

I'm just trying to understand the best way to drain the sinks, shower and washing machine into the drain field and where to place any needed vents, etc. without having to vent through the roof.

Thanks again for you help!

Latest posts

Back