Help with identifying Symmons part numbers

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Swerve

Reaction score
This is my Symmons model M safety mix. It stopped giving me reliable hot water pressure. Needs a new spindle for mixing. To my dismay this isn't a ta 10 which every hardware store carries.

I also bent the spindle cap a bit because I didn't heat it. So I need that too ...

Any assistance if identifying the part numbers would be great. The house that it came with was built in 1957. This is likely original to the year of the home build.

image.jpg

Last edited:
A reply from Symmons for those who find this on the web and are in my Situation! Any feedback is still very welcome !!!

Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry. This unit actually looks a bit older than the Model M and is a Mono-Mixer. While this valve is obsolete and out of warranty, you can replace the internals using Safetymix parts. The parts necessary would be a:

C-5 (spindle)
SC-2 (cap)
SC-3 (seat; this also requires the C-50 tool)
RC-14 (handle)

These would work in that valve, but all need to be replaced together as the current parts won't work with these.

A reply from Symmons for those who find this on the web and are in my Situation! Any feedback is still very welcome !!!

Thanks for the update. Sorry nobody here had the answer for you.

Swerve,

I also have an old mon-o-mixer that is dripping and needs to be repaired. Once I found out it was discontinued I was debating whether I should invest in updating the valve and getting something modern. But I'm not sure if that would be costly:confused::confused:

Did the safetymix parts work or did you wind up doing something else?

This is what I have:

monomixer.jpg

Last edited:
Hey friend. Wow it’s been a awhile since this post. So I ended up finding the parts and doing the update. It worked. I ended up making my own c-50 tool as well.

Good luck. Those parts came in some old packaging, and from a source in Brooklyn.

Swerve,

I also have an old mon-o-mixer that is dripping and needs to be repaired. Once I found out it was discontinued I was debating whether I should invest in updating the valve and getting something modern. But I'm not sure if that would be costly:confused::confused:

Did the safetymix parts work or did you wind up doing something else?

This is what I have:

I’ve since remodeled my bathroom, but the mono mixer worked well after the “update” per the instructions from the manufacturer above. It was a little odd tossing it all away since this was such a project a few years ago.

so many loads of concrete needed to be carried out once I broke apart those cement 1957 walls.

That sounds familiar... I know it took a few phone calls to a few places. Only when I reached someone who with the correct number of "wisdom" years did they know what I needed and found it. I remember the packaging was pretty old, something you would find at a flee market. But it all did work and well for a few years until I tore it all apart in the reno.

Back