Weather

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Following the roads its about 10 miles to the paved roads but 20 miles from the nearest store.

That's how it is here. They are already talking about major flooding and rainfall for next winter. At the same time we don't have water to flush a toilet.

Frodo, Walmart is our main place for shopping too. It's the only one that is open after 9pm-- most stores here close around 5pm. It has a sign that says "Open 24 Hours" and then next to it is a sign about being open from 6am to 12am. :p

About once a month we go to the the "big city" an hour away to shop at Sam's Club and stock up on frozen boneless skinless chicken thighs.

Chris, that does sound like a pain. I wonder what the percolation rate of the soil is in your area.

drought or flood ?

your doing both!!!!!!!!!!

Both

Rain storm w/ thunder and lightin' just passed through.
Lasted less than 2hrs. Now the sun is out.

Drought still because we import most of the water from up north. Have to share it with LA and they allow 50% of it to flow into the ocean so the Delta Smelt up north can keep swimming.

To paraphrase Monty Python, its hot enough to boil a monkey's bum out here.

My rottweiler walked in the house and flopped down on the floor. She didn't even want to go to her cushion. I gave her some water to cool her off.

It's piss pouring down rain here, which is good. We have had a hot/dry past few weeks.

I'm hoping it's enough to trigger my mothers sump pump I installed at her house while I was recovering from surgery. I haven't saw it tested yet!

you aint got a 5 gallon bucket? LOL

Matt , that reminds me. my BIL worked for the government. They had a refrigerator, they needed the ice make hooked up on.
the Government plumber, showed up, looked it over, ran a tube to the fridge,
then did not hook it up. He said he needed a bucket to purge the line before hooking it up
then..he ordered a bucket.
4 weeks later, they called,asked if he had gotten the bucket yet. the answer was it is still on order
I told BIL over the phone how to tighten a compression nut

Ha!

It would take a lot more than a 5 gallon bucket to set this off, it's in a pit in the basement that only starts to take on water after the ditch in the front yard is full.

A friend of mine in SanDiego said some sports games and the Pageant of the Masters were canceled due to rain and that there were some flash floods.

Meanwhile, its just been humid out. My friend asked me for a lift and we swung by Sonic so he could get a drink during their happy hour event. It was 100 degrees out and I thought the carhops were going to pass out.

My friend had gotten stuck outside in the heat for 2 hours earlier because he showed up for work but it was locked and the supervisor wasn't there. Supervisor showed up 2 hours late. I think the guy might be fired now (since my friend was in touch with his supervisor's supervisor while waiting).

It has been starting to rain every day around noon, and continuing on and off all afternoon. When it isn't raining, the humidity makes it feel like you are under a wet blanket all of the time.

Yuck.

View attachment 8904

Been raining two days now.

thats pretty Chris,

Zanne, stop going to sonic!!!

they are on the boycott list. because of their
"no carry" stance

I refuse to inter a business that puts my safety at risk.
a "no gun" sign is a sign to thugs to "please rob me,no one here to stop you"

whataburger is banned also

the shooting of the 5 brave military guys proves this

So you mean California is banned to? They just have that sign at the border crossing.

I didn't realize Sonic was opposed to firearms. I don't know if the local one is. I personally don't like to go there but my friend wanted one of their large drinks. I've gotten food poisoning there before and they almost always screw my order up so I stopped ordering stuff for myself and my mother likes to mention going to Sonic to tease me bc she finds the face I make amusing. At least they finally returned my brother's money when they charged his card $32 for a $4 drink. Took them over a month so they returned the full amount charged.

I still remember my brother-in-law telling me about an incident in a walmart where a guy went after his ex with a knife. He was about to slit her throat but an armed citizen shot the assailant and saved the woman's life.

I think a lot of the people who are against guns have never had to use one to defend themselves. I've never had to shoot anyone, but I have had to show that I had one to get criminals to leave my property. My brother once had to shoot the tire off of a 4-wheeler when some jerks decided to ride up into our yard for no apparent reason, ran all over our lawn, and were chasing our dogs. When my bro shouted at them to leave, they flipped him off, so he shot a tire out with the M-14. When they shouted at him, he pointed the gun at them and told them leave and never come back. Never saw those jackholes again.

I've been inviting the dogs in and giving them water in the house bc its too hot outside for them. You know its hot when a dog runs to the door all excited to go out and then gets hit in the face with heat, nonverbally says "nope" and turns around to run back to the middle of the room.

So you mean California is banned to? They just have that sign at the border crossing.

I belong to https://www.mississippicarry.org/mission-statement

we fight for our rights with lawyers and lawsuits, against towns and businesses that try and circomvent the laws of Mississippi to open carry and conceal

if a business exercises their right to be gun free, we exercise our right to spend money else where.

it works.

we have also sued, and won, judgements of several court houses for the illegal display of no gun signs

we the members do not just squak about our rights, we do something about it.

Latest posts

Back