Ariel Platinum steam shower.. should I buy?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

islandgirl

Reaction score
We are building new construction and I was considering purchasing one of their steam showers online from steam shower direct. It seems nearly impossible to get information on these showers. Has anyone installed one?

What is the quality like? I know they are made off shore.
The model we are looking at is the following.
DZ956F8

Thanks in advance.

They are made off shore.
There is quite a few online company's selling them. I saw them at steamshowerdirect.ca

I am just wondering if it is too good to be true?
http://www.steamshowersdirect.ca/products-page/example-brand/ariel-platinum-dz956f8/

After doing MORE digging they are actaully called Oasis Platinnum steam showers by Ariel
The Oasis Platinum Steam Showers are C-ETL-US certified (covers US & Canada) and CSA Certified (covers Canada).

http://www.bathroomgetaways.com/oasis-platinum-steam-showers-cat.html

Last edited:
Ahhhh...ok I HAVE heard of these guys. I have seen exactly ONE of their products, already installed at a customers house. They were happy with it but apparently the drain used some kind of odd non-standard sizing that made very difficult to install. I honestly don't have much info on them. Maybe one of the other guys have some kind of feedback.

They are made off shore.
There is quite a few online company's selling them. I saw them at steamshowerdirect.ca

I am just wondering if it is too good to be true?
http://www.steamshowersdirect.ca/products-page/example-brand/ariel-platinum-dz956f8/

After doing MORE digging they are actaully called Oasis Platinnum steam showers by Ariel
The Oasis Platinum Steam Showers are C-ETL-US certified (covers US & Canada) and CSA Certified (covers Canada).

http://www.bathroomgetaways.com/oasis-platinum-steam-showers-cat.html

The Company i work for carries the full line of Oasis Platinum Steam showers, they are made by Ariel Platinum. They are an imported product. We have carried them for over 7 years now and they are hands down the best modular steam shower kit we have ever carried. I have done close to a hundred installations of these if you have any questions feel free to PM me.

These showers are easier to install than a regular shower as they are all self contained and free standing (have full metal frame under them) the only thing to keep in mind is that you assemble them away from the wall then push into place for final placement.

Yes they come with the optional flex drain which is similar to a drain on a dishwasher only larger but that is really only recommended to use if shower is going on a concrete slab. To hard plumb the shower they use a standard BMI 2" Drain. They are not rocket science to install just require thinking outside the box from a normal installation.

If you order from --- or --- they give you free technical support for your install and any after service questions. They are the only Canadian factory authorized and trained company that sells Ariel platinum or Oasis platinum showers as many US and some Canadian Distributors call it. Real manufacturer Name is EAGO .

They also have spare parts on hand in there Calgary Warehouse ... something most other distributors of these showers do not have access to very easily.

Last edited by a moderator:
These showers are easier to install than a regular shower as they are all self contained and free standing (have full metal frame under them) the only thing to keep in mind is that you assemble them away from the wall then push into place for final placement.

Yes they come with the optional flex drain which is similar to a drain on a dishwasher only larger but that is really only recommended to use if shower is going on a concrete slab. To hard plumb the shower they use a standard BMI 2" Drain. They are not rocket science to install just require thinking outside the box from a normal installation.

If you order from --- or --- they give you free technical support for your install and any after service questions. They are the only Canadian factory authorized and trained company that sells Ariel platinum or Oasis platinum showers as many US and some Canadian Distributors call it. Real manufacturer Name is EAGO .

They also have spare parts on hand in there Calgary Warehouse ... something most other distributors of these showers do not have access to very easily.

Yes this is true Ariel Platinum is a brand name from an OEM manufacturer. The difference is warranty and support. With this new wonderful Global economy being an authorized dealer in a specific country really doesn't mean anything other than someone paid for exclusivity rights. Buying from the U.S. is can be cheaper even with customs, duties taxes and shipping. I implore you to do you due diligence and call around to both U.S. and Canadian distributors. Canadian orders make up about 30% of our steam shower sales. Ariel Platinum the brand has been around for going on 7 years. Whenever you make a large purchase from an online company one of the best research tools is domain age. For instance using a domain age checker tool like: http://www.webconfs.com/domain-age.php you can check the age of a company for example our company Bathroomgetaways.com is roughly 6 1/2 years old while steamshowersdirect.ca is just over two. The reason I bring up this point is whenever you purchase an imported product the warranty is held through the importer if its over a 1 year warranty. So its a testiment to how strong the importer is versus the actual manufacturer since that is who you will need to go through to get technical support and parts. Ariel platinum has all parts in stock including glass panels which smaller importers would have to order taking 8-10 weeks for delivery.

Last edited:
The drain it comes with is a flex drain, depending on the location and building codes most people remove it and us a standard size shower drain.

if you want to buy canadian and get best technical support and service call [ads in the body of the test prohibited] they are by far the most knowledgeable about steam showers anywhere

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back