New Plastic pipe

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

melmar

Reaction score
Hi

I recently employed a plumber to replace old copper pipe with new plastic.

I was very happy with the job until a person from a kitchen and bathroom fitters suggested that the job was not satisfactory and that right angled joints should have been used instead of bending the pipe. Please see picture.

IMG00100-20130421-1245.jpg

Two pros are giving me opposite views who is right?

thanks

I agree with John, if the plumber could re pipe your house , he should told you your sink needed fixing by opening the wall an lowering the arm on the drain.

Now for the water, "rolling" pex is perfectly fine. My preference would be not having a another fitting that could leak.

The straps on the plastic water lines are not an appropriate substitute for using a 90 degree fitting or a 90 degree bend support. Without a fitting or a bend support there is stress created at the fitting and is a leak risk.
I agree with John about the drains. It's not clear if he had also done the drain work since "copper pipe" could also include drain lines. I would have at least pointed it out for you and given you the option to have it repiped with the water lines as long as it didn't break your budget.

Thanks for all the replys.

Going to get someone else in to look at the work.

Latest posts

Back