Need to add faucet in garage

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beast696

Reaction score
I want to add a new faucet in the garage. It already has a washer and dryer hookup. Can anyone tell me if this is a major plumbing job or just a minor one? Also please tell me approx cost to have someone else come in.

Thanks.:confused:

Well, it you are just wanting a cold water faucet, that would be very simple. Do you have copper (soldered) pipe or galvanized (threaded) pipe? Are your pipes exposed? Sometimes you can add a double faucet valve, where one side goes to the washing machine, and the other side goes to a hose. I myself would rather "tee" off the cold water, and move the hose faucet to an easier location than behind the washer. If you are not a DIY type of person, a local handiman or plumber could solve your problem pretty quick, and should not cost you too much. Good luck, and please post a picture of your finished job!

Well, it you are just wanting a cold water faucet, that would be very simple. Do you have copper (soldered) pipe or galvanized (threaded) pipe? Are your pipes exposed? Sometimes you can add a double faucet valve, where one side goes to the washing machine, and the other side goes to a hose. I myself would rather "tee" off the cold water, and move the hose faucet to an easier location than behind the washer. If you are not a DIY type of person, a local handiman or plumber could solve your problem pretty quick, and should not cost you too much. Good luck, and please post a picture of your finished job!

Thank you Havasu, and I will definitely post a picture of the finish product on here. I am pretty good at wood construction, but will not touch plumbing or electrical stuff, too many things can go wrong :p. Thanks again for your help, and being warm to a newbie on this site. :cool:

Thank you Havasu, and I will definitely post a picture of the finish product on here. I am pretty good at wood construction, but will not touch plumbing or electrical stuff, too many things can go wrong :p. Thanks again for your help, and being warm to a newbie on this site. :cool:

You would be amazed on how easy it can be to do what you are talking about. I would give it a shot.

I agree completely! This is a great beginning job which will boost confidence on future endeavors in plumbing, and save money as well. As they say, "it's a win-win!"

Latest posts

Back