Vent for Basement Sink?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steelbillet

Reaction score
Hello I'm new to this forum. I could use some help here on venting my basement sink. Will this vent properly? The reason for the right side extension and caps is sometime in the future I might want to add a sink on the other side of the wall.

FullSizeRender (2).jpg

That set up, no you cannot vent like that. What is the top pipe supposed to be? Why is it sticking out of the wall?

That set up, no you cannot vent like that. What is the top pipe supposed to be? Why is it sticking out of the wall?

Why can't I vent like that?
The top pipe is a 2" vent pipe with studor AAV it will be under the vanity sticking out of the wall. Under it is a 1.5" drain.

Ok I see what you're doing now. I thought the pipe on top may have been for another drain.

It will work, but the way it's piped is not ideal. You don't want any horizontal vent pipes below flood level rim of the sink. In a situation like that I would of brought the drain in lower and used a tee wye under the sink inside the vanity so my vent was vertical.

are you going to have a mirror behind your vanity sink ? thats pretty typical.

Thank you, I'll make that change everthing coming out of the wall has not been glued except for the 90 coming out.

why not buy a hole saw bit. instead of notching? weakens the stud, makes plumbers cringe when they see "the Butcher"
if we do that, the boss puts a boot up the a$$ and inspectors freak out
it is also, helpfull to hold your pipe up.

when you lay out the hole for a drain. mark each hole 1/4'' higher , when you put your pipe in, its falling correctly

why not buy a hole saw bit. instead of notching? weakens the stud, makes plumbers cringe when they see "the Butcher"
if we do that, the boss puts a boot up the a$$ and inspectors freak out
it is also, helpfull to hold your pipe up.

when you lay out the hole for a drain. mark each hole 1/4'' higher , when you put your pipe in, its falling correctly

look at the picture where the 2" comes out of the ground in this case the plumber that stubbed out the pipe needs the boot up his a$$. I had to start with 2.0 PVC missing half the wall. I'll have to bring my wall 1 1/2 before drywall.

20141209_135821.jpg

what you do in that case is roll the pipe back into the wall with 2- 45s the kick space on a cabinet is 4'' it will cover the 45

what is the measurment from the center of your toilet to the wall you have built?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back