What did you do today?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, Mom is not feeling well and the only Honda place in 100 miles said they can't work on the car until Monday-- but I have an appointment set up for it. I tried finding other options but my insurance company is closed today.

I woke up with a mother of a sinus headache so I slept until almost noon (after getting up briefly to give the dog medicine).

We wanted to leave on Monday but that turns out to be the earliest that the Honda place can work on the CRV.

Meanwhile the side of the sink with the garbage disposal on it won't drain (I have to scrub inside it with a brush to force water down and it eventually drains) so we can't use it. I need to figure out how to pull that thing off and replace it with another one or just go without a disposal.

I've finally conceded that my back has gotten to the point that I can't manage hauling the trash out anymore so I begrudgingly agreed to switch chores with my brother. He's responsible for trash and I'm responsible for dishes. Man, I hate doing dishes, but he won't do them and he refuses to help with the trash. I was having to do both chores and mow the lawn before my health took a dive.

Anyway, last night my mother finished of her Promised Land chocolate milk and I was going to put the bottle in the trash when I saw the possum in the kitchen. Our little dog, Fippy runs after it and chases it out of the house. I was trying to get him to come out of the living room to see the possum so I had to show him the milk bottle, which he followed. Then I threw it into the hall with the possum and he decided he didn't want to run after it. I opened the curtain to the hallway to show him the possum but he'd already headed back into the living room. I turned to look and the possum had grabbed the bottle and was trying to abscond with it. Five minutes later the poor possum was still trying to squeeze through the cat door with the bottle in its mouth but both could not fit at the same time. Eventually it just dropped the bottle and left. I think my laughter probably made it want to leave. I shoved the bottle out through the cat door after it. I don't know if it grabbed the bottle afterward though.

We've had lung gunk for three weeks now. I know I'm ready to get over it.

We've had lung gunk for three weeks now. I know I'm ready to get over it.

Ugh. lung gunk always sucks. Mucinex DM is the friend of your lungs, but not always to your digestive system.

I hope it clears up for you soon.

Casio Commando 4G.

I had the Commando 3G, it has been an incredibly tough phone, it has lasted for more than 2 years. The battery has went to crap, a new battery was over $70, Verizon had a special on the new phone, $50 after mail in rebate.

I got about the same but it never held charge a full day with how I use mine. My iPhone will make it to the next morning.

I had a Razr V3xx that lasted from 2007 to 2012. The only reason it died was because of the battery. I got replacements but none of them worked. I loved that phone. The camera wasn't that great and it didn't have smartphone features, but it was a flip phone and I would flip it open and say "Kirk to Enterprise". I had it tethered to my fanny pack/belt pouch with a retractable keychain. That allowed me to pull it up to my ear to answer it but prevented it from falling on the ground if it fell.

Today I got my CRV fixed. Turns out I was pulling the lever in the wrong direction to get wiper fluid in the front /facepalm. Man did I feel like an idiot on that one (although I'm not alone bc the rest of my family members couldn't get it to work either). The strike plate for the front passenger door had pretty much come off. The part with the threads to hold the bolts had fallen inside the chassis so I couldn't fix it myself. Everyone at the dealership was very nice (also they wanted to sell me stuff, but they weren't pushy).

I saw the Honda Ridgeline and really liked some of the features. The drawback is the short bed. The good thing is the tailgate that can open sideways like a door or flip down to extend the bed length. The coolest feature was the in-bed trunk though.

08_Ridgeline_RTL_bed.jpg

tumblr_mynyc3vg7C1qhfuqwo1_r1_500.jpg

It took quite a bit of force to get the tailgate to open but it closed very easily. I could just shut it gently and it clicked in place. I have to slam the hatch for my current vehicles to get them to close properly.

I wish they made a 2-door version of this with a longer bed. I believe all of them come with 4WD, which is essential where I live.

I do wonder about how good/reliable the ridgeline is since it seems to be the ONLY pickup truck that Honda makes and its a hybrid suv/pickup truck. Anyone know?

Meanwhile, I'm heading out on Wednesday to drive my sister back to Albuquerque.

Last edited:
So I made the trip from central Louisiana to Albuquerque. It was loooooong. I took the first shift and then the lights from other vehicles were making my eyes blur so I had to take a break. Unfortunately I got car sick. My sister is used to driving a much smaller vehicle and doesn't have as much experience with the expedition so it was not a smooth ride-- but I don't blame her for that. We had problems with the new GPS picking a very strange route that wasted a lot of time looping back and doing all sorts of weird turns.

We did discover that a Golden Corale opened up in Alexandria though.

It was around 70s range of temp when we left and it got to 12degrees on the way. After a few hours of my sister driving she let me take over again so I would not be carsick anymore. For some reason when I'm driving I don't get carsick as much.

Even though I had a few hours of sleep, I'm still exhausted.

My mother forgot to bring the cord for her CPAP so we need to try to pick one up. She's next to me snoring away right now.

Latest posts

Back