Kitchen Sink Shut-Off Valve w/Integral Flexible Hose - Seal

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stop_leak

Reaction score
I'm trying to find a replacement for the seal that goes on the end of a flexible metal hose that is an integral part of a kitchen sink shut-off valve, i.e. the flexible metal hose is either soldered or crimped into the side of the valve. This seal slips into the fitting that is soldered to the supply tubing coming from the faucet. The seal may be an integral part of the end of the hose (not replaceable). This flexible metal hose is held to the faucet's supply tubing with a nut.

Sorry I couldn't be any clearer. If you're familiar with this type of shut-off valve you probably know what the heck I'm talking about.

Thanks for your help.

If you are referring to the integrated valve/supply line, those parts are not made to be replaced. I'd recommend replacing that valve and purchasing a stainless steel braided supply line which screws to the valve. However, often times the big box stores will carry a few similar seals which may work.

Thanks for the advice havasu. Any chance you could provide a link to the kind of seal I am looking for?

Yep. Without a picture it is hard to tell exactly what is needed. I still recommend replacing the shut off valve with one which allows a braided supply line to be screwed into it.

Those seals are not to be replaced. Remove and replace valve with a standard style quarter turn valve.

I misread the original post.

You can probably find a threaded cone washer at you hardware store or one of the big box stores. do an image search. plenty to choose from. you want one that is threaded inside. chances are pretty high you're going crack the supply trying to put a new one on.
Best do what Havasu recommended.

supply.jpg

Yes, you are right Mr_David, I was looking for is a threaded cone washer. Nice to know it has a name. I appreciate the recommendations to replace the shut-off valve with one that accepts a threaded braided line. When I installed the new faucet, and reused the existing hardware, I had no leaks but I did warn the homeowner to keep an eye on things for a few days. If any leaks develop I'll replace the shut-off valves.

Thanks to all of you for making my first experience on this forum a successful one.

Latest posts

Back