Should I go to work tomorrow?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phishfood

Professional
Professional
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just to set the ground rules, of course I am going to work tomorrow, so even if everyone tells me not to, I am going anyway.

But the question is, SHOULD I? It is my birthday tomorrow. Well, not really, it is the anniversary of my birthday. The 12th anniversary of my 28th birthday, to be more precise.

SWMBO has bought me some beer signs. Truth be told, I love beer, and if I had a mancave to put beer signs up in, I would appreciate them. But I don't have a man cave, and I haven't put up the other beer signs that she gave me last year for my birthday, since I don't really want them hanging up in the house, so she has hung them up for me. So now I will have more beer signs hanging up somewhere in the living room, and will not like this, but will not dare tell SWMBO, because she will be so depressed that I didn't like what she got me.

Why do relationships have to be so complicated?

Back to my original question.

Should I go to work tomorrow, then go to the "side job" that the "shadow vice president" of the company has going on, and get home at 7 or 8 PM?
Or should I go to work tomorrow, get my guys going, go to a bar and get poohfaced, then hope that I can get a buddy to come pick me up and drive me home? I don't know if any of my buddies are that good of a buddy. Or should I call in sick (my boss will know I am lying, I never am too sick to come to work), and get totally stewed at home?

Has anyone else noticed that getting old sucks?

Um, don't ask me because my answer will always be...call in sick. And yes, those women can be miserable and this is why I now live at Havasu, for the time being.

I'm turning 40 this year as well. Getting old doesn't suck, except for the body aches. But I already had my mid-life crisis 6 years ago. So, turning 40 isn't a big deal for me.

I say go to work but make it a shorter day if possible and then go to the bar or head home as long as you have a couple drinks who cares where it is. BTW I will take a few of those beer signs for my bar. Just drop them by my Dads place.

Get back to work and quit whinning. If you're not there to over see the others, they are going to screw something up.
If they can do just fine with out you then :eek:, don't give them the opportunity to think other wise.:D

About the signs, just tell her straight up what you think about them.
If you acted like you loved the 1st one, then expect many more to come.

Happy Birthday

Well I have to go back to work today. I've been off scince last Friday.:p

Happy birthday.

I stopped taking off or doing anything for them after my 21st.

I would just make time for the wife.

Happy Wife, happy life.

Going to work, working late on the side job. Crawled around in some insulation to finish hooking up the water pipe. Me and my two guys had to hand backfill a monstrous hole because the superintendent called in the wrong permit number, and by the time I managed to get it straightened out with the inspector the mini excavator that I was borrowing was picked up by the rental company. Come home, soaked with sweat and itching, to the wife upset about my 15 year old son giving her a rash of crap, so I had to have a serious Come To Jesus with him.

Going to work, working late on the side job. Crawled around in some insulation to finish hooking up the water pipe. Me and my two guys had to hand backfill a monstrous hole because the superintendent called in the wrong permit number, and by the time I managed to get it straightened out with the inspector the mini excavator that I was borrowing was picked up by the rental company. Come home, soaked with sweat and itching, to the wife upset about my 15 year old son giving her a rash of crap, so I had to have a serious Come To Jesus with him.

Ouch. Sorry to hear it.

Back