identify parts on a Moen

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rustywench

Reaction score
Greetings most Sublime Masters of Plum!

my first post deals with the scoundrel "Moen"

A single handle tub/shower faucet. This dastardly criminal is dripping and longs for a new replacement cartridge which I am most eager to supply.

However, with the possibility of sounding like a dingy-wench...

how would I locate the model number of the faucet itself, as well as identifying the replacement cartridge (numbers/models and the like...methinks a little dissassembly is in order)

The center to the faucet is blank, but you knew that.

If you could find a moment to help point me in the right direction- I would be most appreciative!

Kindest regards~
rusty-wench

ps...just so you know- I am most appalled at the fact my DH snapped a shot BEFORE I cleaned the tub!! please forgive the grime!!!

tub faucet.jpg

there are 2 cartridges you can use. Brass one 1225 and a plastic one 1225B.
You will need a specialized puller to get them out, especially the brass one. Either one will go back in. I prefer the plastic one. Easier to pull out the next time. Brass ones over time get hard to pull/push (on/off)

there are 2 cartridges you can use. Brass one 1225 and a plastic one 1225B.
You will need a specialized puller to get them out, especially the brass one. Either one will go back in. I prefer the plastic one. Easier to pull out the next time. Brass ones over time get hard to pull/push (on/off)
Sorry, forgot to mention that. You definitely want to the plastic version.

Latest posts

Back