Shower install help

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CharlieS

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I'm trying to install a grohe retro fit 27867000 (link below) in my newly renovated bathroom. Before the tiling was done the plumber left a standard 1/2 inch NPT-FIP protruding around 6'2 high out of the wall, and installed a moen valve about 30 inches below this.

http://www.grohe.com/us/21815/showe...roduct=27867-G398&color=000&material=27867000

The plumber is now saying he can't fit the grohe retro fit shower head due to the moen valve, but I don't understand why this could be, since the retro fit system is designed to work with a standard 1/2 inch NPT-FIP, and is completely separate from the valve. I understand the valve trim will have to work with the moen valve.

I've attached a picture of the valve and the outlet - can anyone help me understand why this wouldn't work, or help me explain to the plumber why it SHOULD work?

Best regards,

Charlie

2014-09-11.jpg

2014-09-11 (1).jpg

Looking at the specs nothing jumped out at me showing why it wouldn't work. The only concern I was lookng for was the diverter valve, but the specs say it's built in, I just can't see it (iPad mini)

Again, looking at a small picture. Could he mean that it won't work because the water inlet is at regular shower head height? Is the inlet for your Grohe at the bottom? Or does it take water via tear drop elbow ?

The inlet is at the top, the shower system is designed to replace the standard fixed shower heads, so it's definitely not the location of the inlet that's the issue.

Then it should work. But then again, that's just working from a stock photo without the product in front of me. It looks like a simple install.

Unless he just doesn't want to mix Moen and Grohe. Like cats and dogs living together.

Latest posts

Back