front facing trap toilet clog

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soma

Reaction score
We're having problems unclogging an old toilet. It has a front facing trap. 1st tried using the auger. It seemed to go through but didn't unclog it. We pulled the toilet up and used the auger from the bottom (pulled out a tampon). After we reinstalled it, it flushed -- but too slow. Tried using the auger from the top again. After 3 times, the auger went through more easily and it flushed better, but still too slow.

We're thinking of trying dish soap and hot water, enzymes, or regular drain cleaner.

Suggestions welcomed.

Thanks.

We're thinking of trying dish soap and hot water, enzymes, or regular drain cleaner.

Well when you're done with all that, a new toilet can be next on the list because it seems you're out to destroy the one you have.

Reactions: SHR
Use a junior jetter to clean out the line.theres probaly more tampons down the line

Would you have a link where to get a junior jetter? We were at the stage of thinking to replace the toilet. Yesterday we pulled out 4 or 5 tweezers and a few bobby pins.

From what I've read, these toilets (Rheem Richmond) have a square shaped trap that augers can't get through. I'm wondering if maybe using a snake without the cage at the end might go through.

Searching google I didn't find anything under "junior jetter" although I did find things under hydrojet and others. Found one that can convert a power washer into it.

Home depo has the junior jetter about 100bucks .its a small red machine.you still have to buy the jet hose at a plumbing supply hose for another 100$

Oh -- you mean to get a power washer and then get attachments for it like from ultimate washer.

We ended up replacing the toilet. I was able to get an auger to go completely through the toilet but it was still somewhat clogged. (We turned the toilet upside down and used the auger from the toilet bottom. I was able to see it come out into the bowl.) I would have liked to have gotten the jetter and tried to see if it would have removed whatever was caked on in there -- but we didn't have enough time to do it. (It was an apartment and had to be ready for people to move in.)

Thanks for the help.

Back