waterloo biofilter alarm going off

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scooter

Reaction score
Hey everyone!
New to this forum and I have a question. My alarm on my system went off last night I silenced it and looked in my manual, it says that my water levels are high and I should call my mainatance provider. Now we have lived at the house for 7 years now and the system was put in 5 years prior to that. I can only assume that my tanks need to be pumped or should I call the contractor that installed it and pay him to tell me to have them emptied? Any input would be great!
Thanks in advance,
Scooter

I'm sure this post is much to late to help the poster but I thought I'd reply in case it helps someone in the future.

The alarm that's connected to a Waterloo Biofilter (well, at least with mine) is in the pump chamber after the septic tank. When the alarm goes off it means the level in the pump chamber has gotten too high which likely means a dead pump or a clogged/frozen line between the pump chamber and septic shed. Pumping the septic tank won't likely help because the problem is with the pump chamber not the septic tank. The problem in the pump chamber might be caused by solids getting from your septic tank to the pump chamber and choking the pump, which would indicate the need to get the septic tank pumped but ultimately you'll need to deal with the issue in the pump chamber.

Hope that helps others.

Latest posts

Back