Leaking washer machine faucet

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joeyg023

Reaction score
I'm not a plumber but a home owner. Just had a question about a washing machine faucet. House is brand new and has a warranty so they will be fixing this, but they can't get out here until Monday. The valve is leaking very slowly even with out a hose hooked up and the valve is off. The plumber told me this valve may not be sericeable and they might have to remove drywall to fix it. Anyway here is a picture of where it's leaking. Any ideas what it will involve to fix it? Everything is brand new including the home.

image.jpg

Not sure why it's upside down because on my phone it's correct. Here are a few more pictures of what brand the valves are and what not.

I have not seen that particular valve before but boxed valves like that are usually a preassembled unit. they just attach the box to the wall and connect water below before the drywall is installed.

So, Yes they will probably have to open the wall
and no I don't think there is any thing you can do.

laundry valve.jpg

Last edited:
The leak is so slow it's hard to tell. Looks like at that bottom nut. Or underneath it. That amount of water is from about 4-5 hours.

I have not seen that particular valve before but boxed valves like that are usually a preassembled unit. they just attach the box to the wall and connect water below before the drywall is installed.

So, Yes they will probably have to open the wall
and no I don't think there is any thing you can do.

That's what I was afraid of. Just sucks because it's a brand new house and already having to do this. All I did was hook up the hoses and it started leaking. I didn't over torque them or anything either.

remove the hose, see if it still leaks.

to find a leak that is hard to find.

dry everything, with a kleenex, use just the corner, touch the corner to areas it may be leaking.

tissue is so absorbant, you will see the smallest amount of watr wick up the kleenex

It could be leaking from your shock absorbency ,your best bet is to shut the valve take off the hose and see exactly where it's leaking from. If the whole house is done pex/warsbo, it's a easy fix and a small patch

Luckily the plumber will be here Monday to figure out what's going on. Weird thing is sometimes I'll check it after 4-5 hours and there is no water. Come back again later and there is water. I've been leaving a towel shoved in there for now. Everything is Pex. Only part that is not is where the water pipe comes out of the wall for the toliet. It's cooper right there.

image.jpg

Latest posts

Back