Toto Vs Sloan flushometer?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gizzygone

Reaction score
Anybody here have experience with a Toto or Sloan flushometer? It'll be for a residential urinal installation:

The toto I'm looking at is nice seeing as it has an auto-flush feature every 24hrs to maintain the trap seal.

The Sloan I'm looking at is a simple push-button model (no sensors, etc).

I'd be saving money with the Sloan, and I like that it's simple (no electronics). Most commercial flush valves I've noticed in buildings around here are Sloan, so I think servicing it might be easier as welL.

Not many toto valves around these parts, but again the auto flush is appealing...

Any input?

Sloan is your best bet. The manual ones even better. I have been servicing them for over 30 yrs. Easy to rebuild.
Not familiar with TOTO.

The American Standard Automatic valves are a nightmare.
We service a New auto dealership that was built from the ground up.
Every thing is AS. They keep calling us. We keep going out to look and tell them it's under warranty. Call AS for free parts. We can't even get parts here locally. We have to special order them.

Sorry! I had to rant about something you did not ask about . :D

Sloan makes auto flush valves as well. The Optima are okay but can be troublesome at times.

Back