Help

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ExtraMilePlumbing

Reaction score
I ran into a water heater that keeps turning off when ever there is a storm. There is water near the burner and under the water heater. The water heater is one year old . Does any one know what the problem is ? Thanks

I'd like to see a picture of the rain cap on the roof. I'm gunna bet this is where your problem is originating from.

Yea I recommended a new vent cap to the customer . I didnt take pictures or get up in the roof . Just took an educated guess . Well home owner is suppose to call us back on Monday if he wants us to replace it .

And thanks for the quick responses . You guys are way better then my co workers

Oh boy, someone needs to teach you how to flash a vent pipe...what a mess. The way it is flashed will leak at the joint with the roof after a few years. If the flashing was existing, I would have redone it because you were the last one to touch it so now you are responsible for any leaks. The roof cap may help but the problem most likely is at the bottom of the vent pipe inside the house.

Last edited:
That looks like single wall conductor pipe. That code legal where you're at?
That's a Big NO-N0 here. Double wall B vent required passing up through walls and attics.

this is a double vent and yes it is code , as for this beign the solver for the problem there was . The answere is no . I miss diagnosed and found out water is pouring in from a crack in the side of the platform this is standing on .

No these boots are wolverines . Yes I know I did a bad job there is a 4 inch vent pipe inside the 5 inch so I guess that's considered double wall . That's the best I could have done with my resources and skills .our only master plumber didn't help me

No these boots are wolverines . Yes I know I did a bad job there is a 4 inch vent pipe inside the 5 inch so I guess that's considered double wall . That's the best I could have done with my resources and skills .our only master plumber didn't help me

I do not buy that excuse.

those people are being charged for a job, that is supposed to be done correctly. your company is committing fraud and theft by not providing what is being paid for.

I find it unthinkable to send someone out to do a job that has no friggen clue what to do.

are you really going to tell me you do not know how to install a water heater flashing...or what is needed to install one

cap, collar, flashing, you can google youtube and pull up 75 videos on how to do it.

sorry man, i do not like excuses like

"""That's the best I could have done with my resources and skills .our only master plumber didn't help me"""

thats a cop out, IF YOU CAN NOT DO THE JOB RIGHT do not do it at all

i would rather a man come into my office and say, i did not do it, i do not know how.

than get a phone call from a customer, yelling that you installled crap that has to be tore out and redone.
plumbing companys survive on word of mouth advertising.
one neighbor tells another to use you.
or, they say do not use them, they do not know squat

Yes I understand you . I need to take more time to learn before I start installing. My current company doesn't care how you get the job done as long as you bring in the money . I want to join a better company but I have a bad driving record

did you ever send away for a code book?

you can start there. read read read

i gave you a link for spanish and/ or english book

what does a driving record have to do with it.

if your in training with a plumber..he is gonna drive.

inless he has a dui..and wants you to drive :D

been there, done that :D

plumbers are alpha personalities hes gonna drive

what state/city you in

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back