Hole in acrylic shower wall

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pameden

Reaction score
My son installed an acrylic shower. He made an error and cut an unnecessary hole. We are trying to figure a way to patch this 3" circle. Anyone have experience patching acrylic? Thank you. Kids!

That is too bad. You could always cut the same size patch and silicone it in, but unfortunately short of a full replacement, this will always be somewhat visible.

I have never done a hole repair like you need. There are tub repair companies out there who make it look almost new and around here they charge about $100 for that type of hole. Sorry that I can't recommend how to repair.

Well, we tried a temporary and not so esthetically pleasing repair. Using shower adhesive, we filled the hole, only about 2 in, then covered w/ a blank plastic electrical plate. We will probably use acrylic caulk around the edge but other than being pretty obvious and curious, it looks to do the job. Thanks for the comments.

There is some good enginuity. I was going to suggest using an old framed picture to hide the hole but...well, nevermind! ;)

Latest posts

Back