shower valve embarassment

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eocarp

Reaction score
Help!

New here and to this forum, I currently have a head scratching problem, I cant solve. Used to work in plumbing years ago, now im rusty and outdated.
had a delta monitor1400, went to change the cartridge, and cracked the valve. Okay off to lowes, bought a delta multichoice valve, and a new cartridge, only cartridge they carry fits delta and 1400.
Changed new valve, installed new cartridge, ahhh, now to adjust heat. bring house water back on, showers running and wont shut off???, lets check, yes cartridge installed correctly hot indicator on the left, valve installed correctly, up arrows are pointing up. huh?
im stumped, why wont shower shut off?

Thanx E:confused:

Thank you John,
The cartridge i have is the delta RP19804, says it fits 1300& 1400 valve bodies.
Although there is no mention of if fits the new multichoice valve which is now installed.
It is the only one available at lowes however.
E

The multichoice valve takes the RP46074 cartridge if it's set-up as a standard single lever valve. The RP1908 is for the mointor series valves. The cartridges are not interchangeable. The 46074 cartridge is longer than the 1908 cartridge as John stated.

The way I do it, is grey delta cart vs blue cart ( meaning the back of the cart is this color) they are slightly different and not interchangeable. Make sure y match grey with grey and blue with blue...

Hope that helps

The way I do it, is grey delta cart vs blue cart ( meaning the back of the cart is this color) they are slightly different and not interchangeable. Make sure y match grey with grey and blue with blue...

Hope that helps

I agree for the most part, I've pulled out the "blue" ones and they weren't blue, so what I found is get the old cartridge and butt the hot and cold inlet together with the new cartridge. The two different cartridges have a different Centre to Centre measurement

Latest posts

Back