Toilet tank not filling

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

plumnubee

Reaction score
Hey all, can someone help me out with the following issue.

I have two bathrooms on the second floor of my house. Both toilet tanks are not filling. Here's the more interesting problem.

Toilet #1 (in my master br): If I turn off and on the water the tank will fill fine and no issues until the next time it needs to be used.

Toilet #2: I tried the method above and it does nothing. I've looked for obstacles to the water and I don't see any. Besides since both toilets are affected I am assuming it has to do with a larger issue.

Has any one seen this that can point me in the right direction? Thanks,

Jay

Have you tried to remove the box of water inlet? That under the cover of water tank? And another question, have you got cold water in the other parts of bathroom? Shower ecc ecc?

Sent from italy

alefromitaly, thanks for the reply. I have not attempted that. What should I do once they are removed? I don't know my way around plumbing by the way. I wasn't sure what to do since this affects two toilets on the 2nd floor only. And no, I have no cold water issues to other parts of those bathrooms.

When you'll remove the cover of water tank, you can watch a "float".. You must close the water, and after you search one part that connect the" float" with the pipe of water(usually is it in pvc, or iron) .. Unscrew with a key, and clean the hole that bring water.. You can blow inside this if you want..try thus.. If the problem don't solved, you can check the valve of toilet box.. Sometimes these have a micro filter inside it.. If possible, post some photos.. Thus I understand better..

Sent from italy

For example, this is a "float".. He work like your, (the system of work is similar).. So, in this case, when I need to clean, I close the water, and i unscrew the white part, or the iron part, it's the same.. For verification, to can open a little bit the water,.. Remember.. Little bit.. Thus you can check that water arrive..

Sent from italy

1393269958399.jpg

Yes I know, but the function it's similar for all models.. This is geberit model.. Anyhow the way of work is similar for all type.. Every model have a little hole for water flow, and one o - ring or similar that stop water.. When this hole is close, the water don't pass, and the water tank not load.. For first, I check this part, in a case that this isn't the problem, I can seek another trouble.. But this is only my opinion.. Sorry for mi english

Sent from italy

UPDATE: I changed out the equipment inside my toilet tank with a fluidmaster 4.0. It works without any trouble. I'll probably end up doing the same with my other tank as well. One addition question, when the water fills up the tank, water also enters through the spot i've pointed out in the attached picture. Is that okay? I've checked my connections and all is tight and secure. There is no leaking at all. Thanks,

J

Fluid Master Installation.jpg

It appears your fill valve is working exactly the way it is supposed to. Do not even think anymore about changing the fill valve in the other toilet, JUST CHANGE IT OUT NOW. Good choice on the Fluidmaster 400A.

Latest posts

Back