PVC bathroom drain vent leak

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doug

Reaction score
I have a second floor spare bathroom that has a pvc vent pipe with a slow drip hitting the drywall on our main floor hallway. I can’t figure what the cause is and how to fix it.

But yet we are magically able to tell you how to fix your problem with what you posted?

Just funnin ya. Please post up pictures, tell us exactly when and where it is leaking, only when the faucet is turned on or all the time, etc.

Can you access it from the attic????

were are you located is it cold were you are causing condensation
was the pipe he replaced wet are you sure it's not something else

can you remove we're its leakying and change from above the floor to a
few feet away like the other poster says your gonna make some
hole but you will also find out if your growing mold

Last edited:
I suspect you may end doing some cutting of surface finishes .

Wyr
God bless

The moisture is coming right at the point the pvc pipe goes through the wood floor. We moved the bathroom cabinet and there is no moisture above the floor. The dripping is very slow and is constant. It doesn’t get worse when we run any water in that bathroom. It doesn’t get worse when it rains either. We had a plumber out and he thought it was condensation and a crack in the pvc pipe. He replaced the section that goes through the floor, but that obviously didn’t solve the problem. Still a mystery.

Any chance it may be from a hot or cold water line . Instead of a drain ?

Wyr
God bless

Doesn’t appear to be as it is completely dry on all those lines.

I can't see no photo. I agree with Geofd, if you say the vent is leaking someplace run water down as he said after drying the pipe real good and then check..... Let us know.

Back