gas dryer conversion

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rual_farmer

Reaction score
i want to upgrade my dryer from an electric model to a gas model. now i know that gas stoves can be converted to run on propane and that lowes or home depot carries the conversion kits. i am wondering if a gas dryer can be converted over to run on LP:confused:

IIRC, propane dryers are available from the factory. I'm also sure you can purchase orifices for a dryer which are designed for LP.

IIRC, propane dryers are available from the factory. I'm also sure you can purchase orifices for a dryer which are designed for LP.
iv'e never seen propane dryers form the factory though maybe i should call the manufacture and see what they say. i know you can corvert a stove over i had that done since the one that came with the house was electric. i am trying to finish this place off and making it as NET zero as i can and that means getting rid of the power suckers. it would be great not having a light bill along with not having a water and sewer bill:)

You could always get a clothes line. That would sure be cheaper than the propane refill.

I am on propane with a propane dryer. Could have bought it new that way but had to order it so I got one at the box store and converted it.

Really they are just pushing farming out of the state. Pretty sure they just don't want it here? They are attacking the very things that keep them alive. Water, vegetables and now meat.

Mine costs about 12 bucks at Lowes and they had it in stock. Very common around here.

Latest posts

Back