Quick "I dropped something in the toilet" Thread

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joneytheman

Reaction score
I dropped a bowl for a "tobacco smoking water pipe" in the toilet. It is only about an inch long and it looks like this:
701-rubber-grommet-slider.jpg

Somehow I managed to flush the toilet after it fell in and I can no longer see it. I have a toilet auger, but I don't think using it is the best solution.

The toilet still flushes and is showing no symptoms of being clogged. Should I attempt to remove it? If YES, any suggestions on the best way of going about removing it?

Or, is doing nothing and leaving it in the toilet a 'safe' option? It is made of glass, so I am slightly worried. But since the toilet is showing no signs of any problems, I am tempted to do nothing...Please advise!

Thank you in advance!

If you have already flushed the toilet more than once, I'm going to assume your "tobacco smoking" (25 years of law enforcement says that is not used for tobacco!) pipe is gone forever. If you have a stoppage in the next few days, then that will be a sign that it is probably lodged within your toilet. If this is the case, pull your toilet from the flange, take outside, and fish out your umm, tobacco smoking pipe.

I second that your "Tabacco smoking" bowl is gone forever along with your 5 bucks worth of "Tabacco"

Havasu: Thank you for the response! I used that term so the picture would not be taken down...My goal is not to retrieve the bowl, but to make sure my toilet is not damaged.

If there is no stoppage within, let's say the next week, can I assume that it will not cause a problem?

Or, do you think I better be more safe than sorry and attempt to fish it out before it causes a problem?

Thanks again for the response!

With the small size, and probable light weight, I would say the pipe has traveled to the sewer. As stated, just watch for a slowing of the drainage and then take action.

If it was still there you'd have to pull the toilet to remove it. but something that size is more than likely GONE

Could he brake it by running a snake in there and then just flush it through if necessary?

The OP stated the pipe was only 1" long and if the toilet was worth a crap (no pun intended, but funny!), it is long gone by now.

Latest posts

Back