Question about kitchen faucet replacement

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Hi all. I am trying to replace my old kitchen sink faucet with a new one. It's a 4-hole sink. The current faucet is using three of the holes and there is something else occupying the 4th hole. This is my question: what exactly is this "something else" and is it really necessary? I'd like to use that 4th hole for a sprayer nozzle. The thing in the 4th hole now is connected by two tubes to the dishwasher and to the garbage disposal. If it is necessary to keep it there, I'd at least like to get a new one to match the new faucet because this "thing" looks like hell. Anybody know what this thing is called and if I really need it? It sort of looks like a small cylinder with a hole in the side. Maybe a vent of some sort? Overflow for dishwasher maybe? I will try to post a pic below. Thanks.

According to me, replacing a kitchen faucet with a new one is the toughest job.Instead of replacing yourself and damages other parts of the kitchen, the good idea is to call the plumber and replace the kitchen faucet without any headache.

According to me, replacing a kitchen faucet with a new one is the toughest job.Instead of replacing yourself and damages other parts of the kitchen, the good idea is to call the plumber and replace the kitchen faucet without any headache.

...what?

Replacing a kitchen faucet is one of the most basic do-it-yourself plumbing tasks there is. Unscrew the supply lines, unscrew the faucet, reverse steps with new faucet. Done.

Yeah, that comment also got to me and now you will notice he has been banned from this site. Like we use to say at an ugly accident scene...."Keep it moving, there is nothing to see here, let's go, move on!"

I've been out of touch with spotty internet so I guess I missed all of the excitement. I just didn't want some idiot scaring people who are trying to do thier own basic work.

Latest posts

Back