plumbing under kitchen sink...

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

helloWorld

Reaction score
Hired a local plumbing company to replace the kitchen sink hot and cold stub-outs, move the drain and provide a cold water line for the refrigerator.
The result does not look professional at all to me. Any opinions?
kitchen-plumbing.jpg

ugly. first off, a hammer is not a sheet rock removal tool.

the sheet rock should have been cut using a straight edge and a utility knife.
secondly. man, that plumbing looks like my 13 year old did it.

could you post a picture, so i can see what that cast iron tee is hooked up to

the tee on the left..

that kind of work, looks like someones helper did it, un-pro-fesion-al

I am wondering why he ran the hot and cold to the left of the cast iron pipe then back across to the 2 new stop valves and then stacked the valves instead of putting one to the left and one to the right.

I have never seen something like that in my life. You were clearly overcharged for the work and time it takes to construct something as monstrous as that. I third that facebook post. lol

Reactions: SHR
I see why. He wanted to support the brass lug ells and the pex-to-copper ell for the valves and doubled back so that they could be strapped to the wood stud instead of letting them flop around and shake in the walls. I can see a way to get the same result with less fittings and pipe.

The person who did that job was not a plumber. If you hired a licensed plumbing company, you need to address this godawful mess with the owner of the company.

Oops, it looks like with bad vision. I will never pay for it.

Send that picture to the company. Unless it's a one man show, then go to fb.

That looks like type A pex. Machines for that ain't cheep. Good product. Makes people think they can plumb because they have the tools. Knowledge and practice are worth more than a fancy tool. Maybe this was a practice job. I want to give the guy or gal the benafit of the doubt.

This is and old topic but

I have NOT used any pex tools.
Back in the day I did a lot of polybutylene and the crimper tools where a real problem in tight quarters.
Like a pair of bolt cutters
That is tight quarters.
I think I will also will give him a pass for now

If that is type A pex then you use an expander tool. Think propress in reverse. A pex band is put on the pipe, expander is put into pipe, pipe is expanded then you slip the fitting on real fast. Pipe returns to original size and you are not getting that fitting back off. Just keep this in mind. Don't expand a ring and dare your helper to put it on his finger. You will be making an u schedualed trip to the ER and a helper with a few days off. Type A (any pex for that matter)can make a rookie feel like a pro, until he has to run PVC or cast iron at least.

Latest posts

Back