Venting question

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ExtraMilePlumbing

Reaction score
no, it is not fine, that is a "S" trap.

BUT...if you were at a clients house, you cant just start ripp'n into walls and fix'n sh uff on your own.

someone has to pay for the labor and materials.

maybe that is why your plumber said leave it.

tell him it is an S trap, ask him what needs to be done.

he will most likely say nothing, cause YA'LL aint working for free

sometimes, we have to turn a blind eye, we are plumbers, not pipe police

That is against any plumbing code around.

BUT like frodo said, it is up to the customer as to what gets fixed. Something like that, I would definitely bring it to the homeowner's attention, and give them a price to fix it.

Yes phisfood that is exactly what I will be doing from now on and with the raptor socket blades, hopefully I won't have to be messing with the sanitary tee.

That S trap could be easily rectified with the proper materials. No need to rip into the wall. If they used a trap without a fixed depth for the fixture outlet pipe, the trap arm could be dropped down and you wouldn't need those elbows

Not a deep seal trap, just so you can make the fixture outlet pipe longer. The trap in the picture doesn't allow you to adjust the length from your trap adapter to the inlet of the trap.

You're right Matt it is an easy fix, I don't remember if that's a male adaptor connecting to the sanitary tee, if it is it can Just be cut and unscrewed and the p trap lowered

Back