dripping faucet

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mappy

Reaction score
I am trying to fix a dripping faucet in a bathroom. I have already determined that it is the cold water faucet that's causing the problem (turning the cold water off removes the dripping), so most likely i just need to take it apart and replace the cartridge or washer. The problem is I can't figure out how to take it apart. There is no small cap on the top of the faucet, and i tried twisting other possible joints to no avail... can anyone identify what kind of faucet this is and how to take it apart? Really appreciate it.

Thanks.

20150807_085724.jpg

It does look like those are removable caps on top of the handles to expose a screw. I could be wrong, but it does look that way from the photo.

It is made to look like that but it really isn't removable if you look closely. It is one single piece. I have tried using a flathead screwdriver to pry it off anyways and it does not work.

Thanks

Hold the handle and unscrew the piece below it.

Do you mean the screw is underneath the counter? I took a look, and there does seem to be a screw (two screws) there, but it is a very tight space and really hard to see and even harder to get to. Just to confirm, those two screws connecting the water pipe to the counter, am I looking at the right thing?

Thanks.

20150807_211554.jpg

No, he means to grab the handle with one hand to prevent it from turning, and using the other hand to unthread the bell shaped section underneath of the handle.

Tried this, i think it may be correct, but the bell shaped thing is completely stuck and i couldn't really loosen it no matter how hard I tried..

This is getting to be really frustrating, seems such a minor thing to ask a plumber to come over, yet i can't figure out how to do it myself...

Btw, is there any reason they don't put the make/model# on those things? It would make my life so much easier..

Anyway, thanks for all the help.

Back