Integral stops/universal valve body/brand?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

janetbrauns

Reaction score
Hi. I'm looking for advice for selecting a tub/shower faucet and trim.

Does anyone make a universal valve body (for their trim) besides Delta? Any opinions on the Delta Multichoice body? Any advice on the Delta trim and cartridges, and which contain the most metal inside and out? (The Moen 1222 cartridge costs about $50 and up. That eliminated Moen PosiTemp.)

The bathroom sink has shutoffs, but when I used them, both leaked, one badly. I had to leave them open until they're fixed or replaced.

Would you recommend having both fixture shutoffs and integral stops for the tub/shower faucet?

Thanks for any help.

When it comes to actual cartridges for Moen valves, I would stay away from any cartridge that itself has a brass body. The body of the valve itself is OK to be made out of brass, but if the body of the cartridge is made out of brass, it tends to corrode and seize inside the valve body. Another note, Moen will send you free replacement parts for your valve.

Thank you very much for the information. Do you have a brand preference?

I always use Delta if given the choice by the HO. Many trim variations can be selected even after installing the rough-in valve in the wall. I think Moen also makes a good valve.

Delta still has great customer service, I have actually been surprised at what they will do for my customers. In my experiences Moen customer service has stopped giving any customers service. It is really a shame Moen has evidently decided they do not need to continue to support product for customers whose money they already have. (yes, you will note more than a little bitterness on my part)

Delta is really hard to beat for the money and their style choices have expanded alot of the last 10 years. Free parts for life.

Back