sink drain capacity

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yeti

Reaction score
Shouldn't a sink be able to take all of the water that is capable of flowing out of the faucets, even if fully opened, without overflowing the sink? The sinks in question are in an old building that has back to back sinks in adjoining rooms.

Thanks for the reply. I'm being told venting is the issue but I felt it was more of a slow drain issue. The problem is I'm not a plumber and the guy telling me it's the vent is a plumber. Thanks again.

it is very rare if not ever a vent problem. the back to back sinks dump into a double san tee. The drain needs to be snaked out. i would get another opinion. why is the plumber saying it is a vent issue?

I'm not sure why he is saying that. I suspect it's because he doesn't really know why and is just telling me it's the venting and there isn't anything he can do about it. (in-house plumber)

I'm not sure why he is saying that. I suspect it's because he doesn't really know why and is just telling me it's the venting and there isn't anything he can do about it. (in-house plumber)

Me thinks your in-house plumber does not have a license number.

so you are taking advise from someone who claims to know the solution but cant pass the test. handyman and general contractors know just enough to be dangerous to you and them selves hire a true proffessional to the trade you need help with.

Reactions: SHR

Latest posts

Back