Crazy bad toilet fill valve

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That thing is out of control. I think the video will help alot of people that are just to worried to take on a task this simple because it looks like a big job.

Good vid guys! I just did this to one of our toilets upstairs... Something that might be worth explaining in another vid or even on here, is how to properly adjust the float. Both on the old rod and jug type, and the newer stuff... I put in an adjustable valve with some type of cup and extra chain and adjustable height blah blah, and it took a good bit of tweaking to get it juuust right...

2010-01-06%2017.58.51.jpg

Last edited:
The video was useful for DIY homeowners, but I found two things wrong with it. First, they didn't talk about the adjustment on the tube in order to adjust the water level inside the tank. Secondly, the black filler tube was left at the full length, which was too much for that specific toilet. A pair of scissors works wonders to shorten the tube for a cleaner installation and to prevent future pin hole leaks from rubbing the non-glazed tank lid.

Latest posts

Back