Cheap tub filler faucet broken need help.

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bradyman1

jeepin
Reaction score
My wife got a cheap chineese whirlpool tub filler off ebay a few years ago and the metric cartridge is broken. I have been to several of my local plumbing supply shops and I can't find one. Does anyone have any idea's of where to get one? I cannot find any manufacturer info, or part numbers.:mad:

I feel sorry for you. Their are literally hundreds of companies in China that make faucets and cartridges. If you cant find a similar cartage at a store you are probably out of luck. I have run across a website that just sells cartridges. But I cant find the link. First I would never use any Chinese faucet as they all fail. I guess it wouldn't be to bad for a sink faucet as they are easy to replace. But under no circumstance would I ever use one in a built in application. Now you have a faucet that doesn't work and tub with the wrong holes drilled in it, not to mention how much work it's going to be to rip out the tub and replace the valves. Sounds like you made an error that's going to cost you several thousand dollars. Always use brand name faucets they initially cost more but most will last 50 years, paying for itself over and over again.:eek:

Walk-In Tubs & More

Last edited:
Just replace it with a known name brand faucet and move on from it.
It isn't worth the time trying to find parts for something that you don't even know what it is.

I hate replacing plumbing!!! I may have to do that. The area that the faucet is has a removable panel so it isn't the end of the world, I just really hate to go through the hassle and cost of finding something I like, and replacing it. The one I have is a chrome waterfall style, and it is cool. Although it would be more cool if it worked correctly!

If the valves are separate from the filler spout, you could possibly modify new valves to fit the spout?

Back