Toilet flusher leaking randomly.

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stopleaking

Reaction score
I have a strange problem with a toilet flusher. Sometimes the water just doesn't fill in the flusher and it just keeps draining and sometimes the water fills the flusher and doesn't drain. This is the second toilet flusher to have this problem. This problem only occurs randomly after using it. Not something which happens regularly after each use. I already showed it to a plumber but this evil toilet flusher didn't show this problem when he was present, he flushed 2-3 times in front of me. I don't even when this occurs and when it doesn't occur. Is there a way to exorcise this evil from my toilet flusher. This is giving me a lot of stress.

I'd recommend going down to a big box hardware store and picking up a new one for about ~$12.00.

Fluidmaster 400a.jpg

Thank you all for your helpful suggestions. I don't know all the technical names of individual parts which are in a toilet flusher. What is that thing in the picture?

So I had the opportunity to check the internals of the accursed toilet flusher.

It has a different structure than what is posted here. The flush lever raises a kind of plastic rod which drains the water, sometimes after draining the plastic rod is not properly settling itself in the place so it's letting the water flow.

The plastic rod is inside this kind of structure, not same colour and it's upside down. Any idea where I can find more part names of these kinds of things?

ifo-toilet-part-9-complete.jpg

Last edited:
It looks a bit like the one in centre in this image, from the outside. The rod is a bit longer and narrow, it's my approximation. But I could be wrong.

fig-1.jpg

Where are you located? I've dealt with flush valves like the one you said you have (center pic) during the times I was deployed overseas. I believe they are European made.

Latest posts

Back