What did you do today?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I went to the office and caught up from being out if town all week working. Then came home and packed again for another week gone. Have a baby due Tuesday you think she will wait till I get home?

Just think, about the time both of your kids graduate from college, you will be old, worn out, broken down, and will have to quit working, and may be able to afford to do so, if you work really, really hard.

LOL, Matt! That sounds like an impressive fart.

I was visiting a friend today and his 2-year-old daughter likes my brother. He's fat and cushiony so she acts like he's a jungle gym and climbs all over. She also jumps on him. She was getting up on his shoulder when he was sitting on the couch and then her 5-year-old brother decided to start climbing on my brother too. He was trying to sit on his shoulder and farted.

Then the 5-year-old wanted my "thing with the yellow part that pulls out and has numbers". I got him to say "measuring tape" before I handed it to him. He likes to pretend he's measuring things. I told him to measure my brother's belly and he just randomly guessed after stretching the tape out. He said "96".

It rained a lot today, but fortunately the road wasn't so bad. I'm hoping we'll get some dry weather soon.

Tomorrow I have to find out if one of my dogs needs bloodwork before getting her thyroid meds prescription renewed and I have to take the little dog in to have a lump checked out. Later on it will be time to watch Antiques Roadshow.

After getting an MRI, the doctor told me I have a lateral tear in my bicep muscle. Now I understand why it hurts so damn much.

I came home from working in the desert for the last couple weeks and made it back before the baby showed up. A win win. Now let's see when the baby shows?

busting up a brick kitchen floor,
in my house, will go back with wood. wifes idea, the brick was fine with me.

but after 24 years of marriage. i have learned i dont know a damn thing

Matt, I fart in public and blame on her!

finished busting up the floor

floor 004.jpg

floor 002.jpg

floor 003.jpg

Great job on the floor!

Havasu, I hope you're feeling better.

I almost went to the hospital last night because of chest pains (mostly because my mother thought it might be a heart attack-- I'm pretty sure it was heartburn), but I took some aspirin and eventually it went away. I snuggled up with some cats and the purring helped me relax. I've got one on my chest with her head over my heart right now.

I've still been getting sporadic chest pains, but I think its related to the flu and all the postnasal drip and heartburn crap. Meanwhile my cow walked right up to the porch and bellowed in my face because I need to go buy her some hay.

I'll be heading in to get mail and buy some hay in awhile. I'll have to tape up the holes in the hay bag to keep any from getting out in the car since my brother is severely allergic.

Update: I went and got mail and picked up the hay. The bales were compressed and in plastic bags. My cows could still smell it. I got one bale out and when I was getting the second, my cow came over and grabbed one and started shaking it and trying to tear it open with her horns. I cut the bag open for her, but she kept grabbing the bag from me. I finally got it open enough that she and her daughter were both able to chow down. I really need to find a new system for getting hay though. Its better if I can find someone to deliver it so I don't have to risk any hay getting in to the car because of my brother's allergies.

On the bright side, we ordered the oatey washing machine box and the quarter turn valves. It's a step toward the remodel. The old lady wants to see if we can work on it in the spring (so it won't be too hot or too cold when the floor gets pulled up). Once I get the plumbing hookups sorted out, we are going to need to pick a tub and surround.

Last edited:
Started out the day running a main line clog in the rain, my first of two scheduled calls of the day. As I was finishing up, I got a call from a new customer for a clogged bathtub drain. Put him on for the end of the day, went to my second call for a kitchen sink changeout and hook up a dishwasher and icemaker.

Well, the kitchen sink that was in place was siliconed down, and the formica was wanting to come up with it. And the replacement sink was a "reclaim" from a kitchen remodel, bent all to crap. Took me a good extra hour to deal with all of the BS.

I went to the last call, all ready to clean some hair out of a tub trap. Turns out that it is a cast iron mainline clog, with the best access a cleanout outside, in the rain.

Full circle, baby!

Thursday night was a doozy. Started my regular service calls at 7am, then at 6pm we shut down a Tim Hortons (coffee shop) to jackhammer the floor to change a grease trap that had rotted away. Come to find they used sand for fill, which rotted that trap and made the piping pretty brittle, so we had all kinds of fun with that.

When it was all said and done, I got home just after midnight. Then just a few hours sleep to get up and go about the next day!

Grease interceptor line just outside the box failed. Backed up the grocery store. Fixed that problem and the line is completely blocked ten feet down. Couldn't get a cable or jetter past and the camera couldn't get a good picture so now we are digging up that spot. It's gonna be a long night.

Probably gonna fire my pipelayer for telling me the only way he will come to work today is if I paid him drive time both ways in a company truck plus overtime on a non overtime day and he didn't want to work more than eight hours.

View attachment ImageUploadedByPlumbing Forum1417399917.221498.jpg

View attachment ImageUploadedByPlumbing Forum1417399947.280764.jpg

Grease interceptor line just outside the box failed. Backed up the grocery store. Fixed that problem and the line is completely blocked ten feet down. Couldn't get a cable or jetter past and the camera couldn't get a good picture so now we are digging up that spot. It's gonna be a long night.

Probably gonna fire my pipelayer for telling me the only way he will come to work today is if I paid him drive time both ways in a company truck plus overtime on a non overtime day and he didn't want to work more than eight hours.
Be real careful with that one. Labor laws and such.

This was a first with me.

Now, in my short career, I've seen some stuff that would baffle anyone like "wtf...how??" But this made me shake my head.

I work a lot with pumps. Well pumps...effluent, sewage..etc...so I go to a house where she says she has lost water...so I investigate. I noticed something funky with the control box, it was like...bulged out. And these things are metal, so it took some force. I took the front off the control box, and there was 5...yes...5 big mice all fried up in the box. They looked like they been there for a while, but whatever they chewed has caused the acid to leak out of the capacitor and they absorbed the acid and all just swelled right up. It was disgusting.

So...after I replaced the control box and tidied up the wiring they chewed up, she had water again. The mice got in there thru a very tiny hole that is a knockout for an electrical connector, it likely got knocked out and never used. I made sure to have no holes in the new one!

Back