Kitchen sink is driving me insane.

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Xxspeakxx

Reaction score
So my garbage disposal went out a while ago, and recently got some free time to remove it. Replaced it and all the pvc piping under the sink. Now it keeps backing up. I poured baking soda/vinegar/boiling water down it and it helped a little bit. I've also snaked the drain all through to the sewage pipe several times but didn't hit any major clogs. At this point im at a loss.

I'd recommend taking a pic of your PVC under the sink, so we could get a better look at what the problem is.

How would I go about correcting that? And why would that configuration be a problem?

1 its ugly
2 that accordion piece will collect junk in its ridges and clog.

Come striaght down and 90 into the tee...

if your drain is exposed in the floor below try snaking it there

if you run it for a while then it backs up that means the clog
is far away sounds like it still needs to be snaked

Last edited:
That tee is also a problem. I think that is an old center drop tee. The branch is the outlet and should face down while the basins drain into it from left and right. Take it apart and see if there is a baffle in it which would plug up pretty easily.

Thanks guys. I redid the pipework to match how I took it all out (minus the disposal). I'll redo the T first chance I get and replace the accordion pipe.

If I keep it at a low stream it won't clog. If I run the faucet at full blast it will go for a good 10 minutes before it starts coming back up. Then drains incredibly slowly.

10 minutes at full blast means you have a clog way further down the line

Back