What did you do today?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
seems ok to me.

Shouldn't there be a blue youtube to click on? I was able to get Mr David's video but not this one. I will have to have my 9 year old grandson check out our computer. LOL

What is a " blue youtube " are you referring to blue text that is the link to video?

And when you say "not this one" are you referring to previous post with picture of Allman Brothers video? that ones not a link but only a picture.

I was just on Jeepforum and youtube links look okay there.

https://youtu.be/IMtylqMnKOM

mmm.jpg

Last edited:
my grandma used to make what we called slickers.
Dough rolled out like pie crust. sliced into 1" strips maybe 3" or 4" long.
then dropped into boiling water like dumplings. Those where the best.

Mr David, that sounds like an interesting idea. I'm tempted to try it-- if I can find a rolling pin and enough space. LOL.

Yesterday I had to go pick up my brother bc his truck broke down. Catalytic converter according to diagnostic. But it has 3 of them and I'm not sure which one or if all of them are bad. It made the transmission stop working (something to do with the computer limiting operations if the catalytic converter goes bad).

So today I was up at 7am taking the key to the mechanic who was going to look at it, but he couldn't change gears and suggested we take it to another mechanic. So, it needs to be towed again and I'm trying to find replacement catalytic converters for decent price, but not having much luck.

Last edited:
What is a " blue youtube " are you referring to blue text that is the link to video?

And when you say "not this one" are you referring to previous post with picture of Allman Brothers video? that ones not a link but only a picture.

I was just on Jeepforum and youtube links look okay there.

https://youtu.be/IMtylqMnKOM

Yes to everything you said LOL

Jeep Forum? Damn, I haven't been on there for years. I don't even remember my password anymore.

Watching the SB 52.
I think they should remove the Patriots mascot because it could be racially offensive. He’s white. You know somebodies going to be offended.

View attachment IMG_4563.jpg

Last edited:
I've been playing chauffeur for friends and family. Since my brother's truck broke down, I drove him a few places and going to the stores and stuff to get prescriptions. I had to take him in for an emergency dental procedure yesterday-- had a tooth pulled and missed work (he didn't mean to, but he fell asleep and slept through his alarm after the procedure). Today is his birthday and he's still not feeling great.

My friend with the bad luck decided that he wanted to sell his 95 Chevy 1500 because it kept breaking down on him. Saw an 05 GMC Canyon Z85 crew cab on the side of the road for sale. There were several vehicles stopped to look at it and the seller came over and talked to us. Everyone wanted to buy it but nobody had the $-- so my mother spotted my friend for a deposit and loaned him the full amount the next day. Twenty minutes before we went to meet with the seller, a belt snapped in the chevy and his power steering went out. He figures it's kismet that he found the new one. Seller even threw in a $700 radio/dvd player for free.

Good thing too, because insurance and registration were high. Plates for vehicles under 6klbs are around $40. But his truck is rated as 6001lbs so the plate came out to over $100. The fee for the title used to be $18 but now it's $68. And the insurance company charged him a $90 startup fee on top of the $108 premium. That doesn't include the 11% tax either. He says he owes my mother a kidney. LOL.

Time to go get my mother something to eat now.

hey Zanne, I need a newer jeep. Your mother have any money left?
I have an extra kidney?

I hear David can drink pretty good. His kidneys and liver are only worth half of a normal person so be careful!

LOL. She's not loaning anymore $. My friend already owed her for a previous loan that he meant to pay back last year, but he got screwed over by his ex. If he gets a good price for his old truck when he sells it, he should be able to pay her back-- barring any mishaps.

I made a food run into town and got some Mexican food for my brother's birthday. It's a newer place and the food is very good. My brother loves the rice and beans. Part of his cheek is still numb from the procedure. Dentist told him that bc of the location of a nerve in proximity to the root of the tooth he pulled, the numbness may be permanent.

Today I washed dishes, cooked for Mom, and watched Thor: Ragnarok.

LOL. She's not loaning anymore $.

A gift is better than a loan! :D

That's okay. If I stop going out to Exotic Tiki bars I might save a little more.
$13/drink and it was mostly ice. I had 1, my wife had 2, plus a bowl of drunken noodle and plate of Fried rice cost me $80.
had pretty flashing light and rumbling volcano sounds when some one bought a big share drink. those where around $45.

No tiki bars around here. Hell, I don't think there are any bars (or if there are I don't know about it).

My poor brother has some sort of abscess or infection in his gums under a bad tooth. He says it's the worst pain he's had in his life-- and he broke his foot in 6 places and walked on it before. There are so many drug fiends in the area that the hospital won't take it seriously-- and I talked to some medical folks in the area who said the hospital would not likely give any pain meds for it anyway. Took him to a dentist to try to get them to numb his gums. They wouldn't, but they took an x-ray and scheduled extraction for next Monday. The narcotabs he was given for a tooth extraction a few days ago is not working for the pain. Anbesol and Orajel aren't working either. I feel very badly for him and wish I could help him, but medical in our area sucks.

Bro got his tooth pulled and is feeling better.
One of my friends nearly got murdered by his own brother last night. The brother's girlfriend left him and absconded with a male friend. She beat up her own uncle and jumped out of a moving vehicle when her uncle tried to take her back to her boyfriend. Her boyfriend wanted to go after her to beat her up and drag her back home but he doesn't have a vehicle so he tried to get my friend to drive him. Friend refused. So first he beat him up. Then he tried to stab him with a knife. Friend got the knife away and pushed him outside. His brother came back with a shotgun and threatened to shoot him. He pushed his brother back outside. The brother fired a shot. He then wrestled the gun away while someone called the cops. Small town drama.

Tomorrow I'm taking my mother to her podiatrist appointment.

Anyone able to help someone out in http://www.plumbingforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12766&page=2 ? He's trying to figure out how to tie in a washing machine. I believe its on the bottom floor of 3 floors and has a cast iron vent stack. No AAVs allowed in his area.
He has diagrams and photos but doesn't seem to be getting any expert advice.

If he tied a vent in to the existing stack, would he have to run the auxiliary vent all the way to the upper floor to tie in, or could he tie in above the flood level of the washing machine?

Everyone has been so quiet here. You guys doing ok?

I'm here multiple times a day and help as much as possible with my limited knowledge. Do all you plumbing experts understand you can advertise for free in your signature area of your replies? This is our way to help you for helping us!

Also, for all official licensed plumbers, please let me know and i will provide you with access to our professional plumbing boards, and i will also provide you a banner to be placed adjacent to your user name here.

Banners are cool. Although first thing that popped into my head was Bruce Banner. LOL.

I went to the doctor & he recoiled a bit when he saw the photos I took of my foot during the healing process. He examined it and said there were no obvious breaks or anything but that I tore a tendon. He said there might be fractures but that the treatment wouldn't change any if there were so there was no point in going for an x-ray (since it would just cost me $200+). He showed me how to wrap it in an ace bandage to hold the tendon in place & recommended some flexing exercises. Hopefully it will heal quickly.

I heard from my uncle in Virginia. He has a torn shoulder muscle and will be having surgery on the 20th. He is the new coordinator of his assisted living facility's veggie farm (since his 90-year-old predecessor passed away). They call their group the "Funny Farm". He's currently harvesting mustard greens, collard greens, kale, and turnips. We talked via e-mail so I need to find his # and call him at a decent hour sometime.

And I just got an invite to World of Warcraft Alpha (testing out the next expansion). I have to wait until the billing period resets so I can download it-- it will be well over 20Gb and I have less than 20Gb allowance left this month.

Kale, isn't that the inedible green crap that they place on your plate for decoration, and the first thing we do is take it from the plate and put it on the table?

It's actually not that bad if you shred it, put the right salad dressing on it, and mix it with carrots and stuff. Samsclub had some kale salad that was pretty good. I forget what else (other than carrots) they mixed it with, but it wasn't terrible.

The patch for the World of Warcraft Alpha is 40Gb, so I will have to get a friend to download it for me.

Back