faucet supply line too short

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

edee_em

Reaction score
I purchased a faucet that has integral supply lines attached to it. The hot supply is fine but the cold is about 1/2" too short. I was wondering if there is some form of "extender" supply that I could use? I don't want to replumb the supply. Also, if there isn't an extender are there "tricks" available?

Thanks

I've never seen one with integrated supply lines. I suppose you could use a 1/2" nipple and a 12" flexible supply line to make the connection.

There are a such thing as braided supply extensions. You should be able to get them at any hardware store

Reactions: SHR
I have seen a few Moen Kitchen faucets like that.
They usually has a 3/8" compression end on them.
if your valve connection is 3/8 compression then just use a short piece of 3/8 copper tube and a 3/8 comp coupling.

If you can find a 3/8 x 3/8 flexible supply hose then use that

compression  coupling.png

Thanks to all. Went to local hardware store and found the extender mentioned. It has compression on one end which turns into male end when you take off and discard the nut. The other end is the 3/8" female to attach to shutoff valve. Worked out great.

Back